Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#553042 10/01/21 11:08 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

In an exclusive interview, Jasmine Hartin shares her story in detail with "48 Hours" correspondent Peter Van Sant for the first time on television. Van Sant joins "CBS Mornings" with a look at the investigation.

Full interview on "48 Hours" on CBS tomorrow night.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is the whole interview and story on CBS "48 Hours." 42 minutes.
https://www.cbs.com/shows/48_hours/...VGwcP/jasmine-hartin-s-shot-in-the-dark/

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Jasmine And The Gun

And while the Pandora papers are leaking the dirty secrets of the global super-rich and secretive, one formerly rich and glamorous woman spilled her own secrets to the international press over the weekend.

She's the mother of two of Michael Ashcroft's grandchildren, and love her or hate her, Jasmine Hartin, has dominated headlines since late May.

And Tonight On 7 news we bring you a re-cap of Hartin's tell-all interview, call it the cliff notes for the long and winding story of Jasmine and Jemmott.

On this newscast, we've explored and illuminated every chapter of the Jasmine Hartin saga. from the macabre to the mundane.

And who could forget the moment when our cameras infiltrated the San Ignacio police station in the moments before Jasmine Hartin's second arrest? Back then the incident really chopped up the commissioner

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police
"Believe you me upon seeing the news last night on Channel 7, I was extremely pissed that ought not to have occurred, but again, I guess the aggressive nature of Channel 7."

And Tonight Jasmine is back in the news after giving the sit-down interview that finally illuminated what happened on that pier. And what's the gist of it?

Jasmine Hartin, Accused of Manslaughter by negligence
"I'm not a murder."

Still, she admits she did kill Superintendent Henry Jemmoth - accidentally...

Jasmine Hartin, Accused of Manslaughter by negligence
"So I reach for the gun to take the magazine or the clip out because he was going to re-load it and all of a sudden it went off and, yeah he, it's hard to talk about this still."

"Henry was my friend, that was an accident, a terrible accident and it will haunt me for the rest of my life."

"There isn't a night that goes by that I don't dream about that incident and relive it."

"It was an accident or the Gun misfired but consciously did I pull the trigger? No."

It's not new information for the Belizean ear, what's new though, are the details.

But what's to be made of this admission? It's not one of guilt, but of error, and in Hartin's opinion a tragic freak accident.

Is such a thing even possible?

Here's an opinion from an expert.

David Katz is a former Drug Enforcement Administration agent and a veteran firearms instructor who taught at the FBI DEA academy in Quantico, Virginia.

He weighed in first, on the circumstance.

David Katz, Veteran Firearms Instructor, Quantico
"There is no, no better way to get yourself hurt than by messing with firearms when you are impared."

"It's a troubling story from so many aspects starting with why is she practicing in the dark? There wasn't adequate light, we had the moon, we have this resort nearby, that's just, that's a little shaky part of the story."

But while he says that, here are the particulars he provided about the possibilities surrounding that now-famous model of Glock that ended Henry Jemmott's life.

David Katz, Veteran Firearms Instructor, Quantico
"This is a Glock 17 9-millimeter Pistol it's the same type of same type of weapon that was used in the shooting incident that occured in Belize. I could bang it, I could drop it, it's not going to go off."

"Let's assume you put your finger on the trigger in this position, you squeeze the bottom fingers, your trigger finger is going to similarly squeeze as well."

"If her finger was on the trigger and the trigger moved to the rear with 5.5 pounds of pressure the gun is going to go bang. There's no doubt about it she pulled the trigger. Could it have been an accidental discharge absolutely yes."

And with all this testimony laid at the world's feet, Hartin has yet another court date tomorrow. This time attorney Dickie Bradley believes he just may get that long awaited disclosure file. But what will that mean for the trial of the young decade?

We know Supreme Court criminal sessions won't start until January and that means that Jasmine Hartin, like many before her, will have to watch her case wend its way through the Belizean courts for many months to come.

And in what will likely become another long and drawn-out series of court appearances, Hartin is also battling her former partner Andrew Ashcroft for primary custody of their twins.

Channel 7

A
A
Jasmine and John McAfee would have made a good pair together..........

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.