Next Thread
Print Thread
Oceana Belize 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting #553123
10/05/21 11:15 AM
10/05/21 11:15 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Be a part of our 2021 virtual Annual General Meeting!

What can you expect when you tune in?
- to be inspired by our guest features
- to hear the latest Oceana updates
- to enjoy local entertainment
- trivia and giveaways

We will also be announcing our district and national Wavemakers of the Year!

Join us on Wednesday, October 28th, 2021 at 7:30PM via Facebook Live - you don't want to miss it!

Click https://fb.me/e/17sg9AFm9 to register for the event to keep up with all the updates and be notified when it goes live.

Re: Oceana Belize 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting [Re: Marty] #553609
10/27/21 10:55 AM
10/27/21 10:55 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Our 2021 virtual Annual General Meeting is only TWO DAYS AWAY!

Join us THIS Thursday, Oct. 28th at 7:30PM via FB Live as we announce our district & national Wavemakers of the Year!

Click https://fb.me/e/18Os3H5GQ to register and be updated when the event goes live!

Re: Oceana Belize 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting [Re: Marty] #553650
10/29/21 05:05 AM
10/29/21 05:05 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Video of OCEANA General Meeting

Join us as we share campaign updates and celebrate our district and national Wavemakers of the Year!

Re: Oceana Belize 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting [Re: Marty] #553668
10/30/21 05:21 AM
10/30/21 05:21 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

OCEANA Recognizes “Wavemakers” 2021 at Virtual AGM

Oceana Belize held its second virtual Annual General Meeting on Thursday night. Vice President Janelle Chanona highlighted several of the organization’s accomplishments, including the use of technology, the ban on gillnets, and increased monitoring out at sea. But the highlight of the AGM was undoubtedly the recognition of this year’s Wavemakers, those individuals and groups making a change in the communities and marine environment. Here are the winners:

Dangriga BTIA Youth Arm

“Thank you Oceana Belize in recognizing Dangriga BTIA Youth Arm in keeping the Ocean Clean.”

Nathalya Marin, Corozal Wavemaker 2021 Recipient

“Hi I am Nathalya Marin and I’d like to thank you for the recognition. I would like thank the members of Oceana for joining me in my venture in making the environment a better place. I would like to thank the community for joining me and supporting in any way they can. And, I would like to thank Ryan for nominating me. Together we can make a change.”

Nazarene High School Environmental Club, Wavemaker 2021 Recipient

“First of all, I want to say, thanks to almighty God for allowing us to receive the award. Thank you to the students of the Nazarene High school Environmental Club and their parents who have supported us along the way. Last but not least, I thank you to Dr. Elisia Seguro, who has supported us in all club activities.”

Eco Hearts Club, Orange Walk Wavemakers 2021 Recipients

“We are Eco hearts, a young environmental group, dedicated to engaging the public with fun interactive activities that strongly promotes environmental sustainability within our Orange Walk Town community.”

Interact Club, Cayo Wavemaker 2021 Recipient

“To be considered the Cayo Wavemaker award 2021is such a privilege and honor. We thank you Oceana, on behalf of the Interact Club of Sacred Heart college.”

Desmaure Arnold, Toledo Wavemaker 2021 Recipient

“I would like to say thank you to Josh for getting me involved with Oceana. And, I love what I do with Oceana and Rotaract, for cleaning up the beaches and helping the ocean in any way that I can.”

Monique Vernon, National Wavemaker 2021 Recipient

“Hello everyone, I am Monique Vernon and I am grateful for the opportunity to be recognized as Oceana 2021 National Wavemaker. I am grateful for this opportunity and I hope it inspires young girls and boys to make waves of change.”

Channel 5

Re: Oceana Belize 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting [Re: Marty] #553672
10/30/21 06:01 AM
10/30/21 06:01 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Meet our 2021 National Wavemaker of the Year, Monique Vernon !

Thursday night we premiered our 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting where we shared our latest campaign updates and celebrated Wavemakers from across the country. ⁣

We also honored our district Wavemakers: Nathalya Marin, Eco Hearts Club, Nazarene High School Environmental Club, the Interact Club of Sacred Heart College, Stann Creek BTIA Youth Arm and Desmaure Arnold.

[Linked Image]

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do
Specials & Events
Calendar
SPTB Calendar of Events

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We handle all aspects of the purchase of your Real Estate in Belize. From in depth property searches to your final closing.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 86 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics78,366
Posts498,392
Members20,269
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.