Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#55362 07/27/02 03:00 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from my brother the day after arriving home in san diego after his first trip to belize...

"just 24 hours ago i awoke in the jungle and was diving off a rope swing. and I tell you I was happy man."

we had 11 dives, 8 snorkels, trips to the amazing caves of Belize, went to goffs caye, lamanai, caves branch (as in garden of eden) for three glorious days, stayed at Banana Beach, in their incredible new suites, Caribbean Villas, whose service, villas, and landscapes are incredible, the Presidential Suite at Ramons (oh my god at least go see it..... what an incredible surprise from the Fine Folks at Ramons) and the wonderful Tides...

had a parrot and a kourtamonday (gimme a spelling here someone, i'm sleepless for days... 2-3 hours a night for a week) on my head before breakfast the first day...

danced my balls off at fidos listening to Category 7, anyone who misses them on wed and sat nights at fidos is missing an incredible musical experience. those boys kick ass. just park yourself in front of the biggest speakers and prepare to be blown away. dig those fantastic kick ass lead guitar rifts.... love them. what a delight. prepare to sweat... a three large OJ night for me, rosie was in fine form... thanks to dan and eileen at the san pedro sun for not allowing me to miss the best evening of the trip.

a hell of a morning at hol chan when the winds were wailing and the visibility went down to zippo for about 20 minutes. its was a hell of a storm. we were in waist high water, so it blowing like mad, barely see your boat right next to them. but go under the water, total peace and warmth.

On ambergris, when you are hot and you need relief, you go to the water get comfortable and cool off. when you are freezing cold in the wind and rain, go to the water to get comfortable warm up.

it was over and beautifully sunny in 20 minutes, but oh man what an incredible 'know you are alive' experience. will treasure that one forever....

also went to hol chan at sunset one evening, and all the fishies were out of their cool hiding spaces from the sun. saw a group of 25+ HUGE rainbow parrot fish come over the reef together and drop loads at once like a precision bombing crew.... big tarpon, man everything was out that evening....

great diving, lotsa tunnel stuff this time, brought a great belly laugh at 100 feet down as i watched my wife disappear into a tunnel that deep, new thing for us, diving, the last 5 years. and to see her do that was another of lifes great adventures....

up in those caves in the tubes in cayo, walking when the water was shallow, and tubing when it was too deep to walk, was another remember forever trip. Just Do It. huge caverns, crystalline deposits, the forms and landscapes, and even the river vistas, are never to be forgotten... special thanks to Ian, Abel, and Vita at Caves Branch.... vita got my camera stuff out intact, no small feat...

got lotsa really rad pics, processing for the web will take a few weeks as i'm blown with incoming.... the cave pics came out super rad.

went out on the winnie estelle, really awesome trip. also the El Gato Catamaran, snorkeling off both boats, seeing great sunsets, fishies, and friends up the north coast....

got a treasured painting from Orlando Garrido, which cannot possibly be on my wall fast enough. going to do a website for Lindsay at Belizean Arts in Fidos Real Soon Now so all will have the ability to shop from that great gallery online Oh Boy!!!! Man i could blow the bank in there with the beautiful things she has....

parasailed with tony and his fine crew, had a blast on the water toys too.... got some blow your mind soaps and incense candles from Katrina at Eden Art, I will be ordering a BUNCH more soon. god they are fabulous. the soaps leave your sking feeling squeaky not oily, my wife says its the same kind of soap as the good face soap, but much better smells and quality... not to mention the incredibly colorful patterns that they are made in...

more later,
marty
(slowly making my way back home by aug 1)

PS hell of a football game last sunday, read it in the san pedro sun online when i get it up tomorrow AM i hope. its 3 days late already, spank me....

best taste to hit my taste buds was the ginger rum shrimp at calients. don't miss that either.

we didn't win the chicken drop, but i will keep trying forever til that damn chicken poops where i tell it to.

#55363 07/27/02 05:41 AM
Another satisfied visitor, image that!

Thanks for your report, while reading of Fido's, Barefoot appeared on IM, and I got to say good morning to him.....life is good.

Dare To Deviate
#55364 07/27/02 04:52 PM
Chloe---Hope this isn't dumb>>>>But what is "IM"

John
#55365 07/27/02 05:48 PM
Questions are never dumb. Ask away I say.
"IM" is Instant Messenger, real time chatting.

(What? Did you think I was psychic? [Linked Image]

Dare To Deviate
#55366 07/28/02 01:43 AM
John Boy, if you want to do the IM thing..you need to download the AOL or the MSN messenger...or both..they are free. Then you can enter all your friends and talk to them when they are on line.

MR

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#55367 07/28/02 01:45 AM
Thanks for sharing Marty ...sounds like u had a fantastic time...hope to see some pics soon.

MR

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#55368 07/28/02 02:45 PM
B
B
Marty, I also had the best meal at Caliente & it was also the ginger rum shrimp...I had it last year too & then it was also the best meal I had while there...pretty high praise, too, considering every meal we had was mouthwatering! shoulda tried harder to find you so we could buy you that drink you so well deserve...maybe next trip!

#55369 07/28/02 05:47 PM
Your brother sure sounds like he had a super time.

Nice report, thanks Marty's Bro. and Marty

#55370 07/28/02 07:25 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
pics in a few days, here's sample....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#55371 07/28/02 07:58 PM
amazing! so glad you had a great time. the cave was cool (i was in 'crystal cave' in central PA today!)

can't wait to see the rest. safe trip home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.