Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#55380 07/27/02 12:55 PM
P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am hoping to go to AC on my Honeymoon which will be in Jan. I would like to hear some reccommendations on where to stay and activities. We are on kinda a tight budget - like 2K (w/out airfare) but still want a decent place to stay. I looked into honeymoon packages and none of them offer scuba. Help!

S
S
At the risk of alienating some of the TA's on this board: You are unlikely to save money by trying to "bundle" your travel products (air, accommodations, activities) and get a "per person" rate. It is convenient but not necessarily cheaper. Nor is it either necessary or desirable to pre book daily, local activities. If you do, you may find yourself "stuck" with a daily itinerary that does not suit the weather and you will find it difficult to change your plans if you see something that you want to when you arrive.
There are many operators competing for your business and you are well advised to make those arrangements when you get to AC, by walking over to the operators dive shack and making your arrangements then and there. You may even save money; it does not hurt to ask for a break if you are booking direct and saving the operator the obligation of paying a hotelier or travel agent commission.
The fact is: Dive and snorkel boat operators' prices are fairly standard and not affected by where you sleep or by what airline you fly.
My advice to you is to decide what your price range is and what type of accommodation you want, browse this site, look at their home pages, read the reports on this board and make up your mind. Same for dive and snorkel and fishing operators; book those when you arrive.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
E
E
I agree with susangg. No need to pre-book anything (Except hotel-which you can do with quick e-mail)and much more relaxing to do activities at your own leisure.

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you for your input, I feel a little less stressed. I still need to find a place to stay. I have searched the site and have tons of notes. I am now searching the message boards and noting places that people have previously stayed. There seem to be some places that are very popular.

E
E
Please don't book your tours from freelancers on the streets or beach even if it sounds much cheaper. Use established operators.

try victoria house. if i were on my honeymoon, that is where i would stay.

T
T
victoria house is pimp!

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Toad for your insightful tip! J/K. But I really think Victoria is out of our price range. Tell me what you guys think of these places - yea or nay: Caribe Is. resort, Sundiver, Paradise resort hotel, Mata rocks, Kitty's place, Singing sands, and Luba Hati. We are trying to spend no more than one thousand for 6 nights (less is better) We also were looking for rates with some meals included - if possible. Can you all help me out?

first advise...do not do a meal plan of any sort. you can eat cheaper & better by researching this board. period.

i stayed at caribe island, and can only tell you of that. i really liked it and have many pics, if you would like. it is the resort farthest south. this means it is quiet & a little secluded. you will need bikes or a golf cart to get to town (3 miles?), but it is a great little ride. the rooms are very clean & of good size with air, cable tv's & kitchens.

the food is a little pricey at most resorts (this one included), which is why i suggest to eat in town.

also, you can try barb's belize for help. i used her, and she is super. just tell her what you are interested in & for how much, and she will suggest things. she has a lot of bz experience.

one more thing: many resorts offer a 'stay 6 nights get one free' deal.

ps - a translation: toad & spouse just got back from VH and really liked it.

oh, a la carte scuba (i think) runs about $50-60 a dive, pp. you can book thru anyone, and they will pick you up at your dock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.