Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Well my fiance and I leave in 3 days to start first - the rest of our lives together, second - our fist time to Belize. I've been working for some time now on what I want to do when I arrive in AC. Here is my list so far.

We actually arrive on Thurs. but we've got to plan our wedding first. Which is sched. for Monday.
Sunday - the BBQ @ BC's. Which is located by Ramon's. Is that right?
Wednesday - the chicken drop @ Pier Lounge and then to hear Barefoot Skinny @ Fido's. How late do the Ferry's run and all that good stuff. We're staying at the North End of AC, we'll either be hiking it or golf cart. I don't see bikes in my future unless I want to end up at the hospital. Not a very good bike rider.

Don't have days planned for these but these are the other things we would like to do.

Cave Tubing
Altun Ha or Lamantrai (sp?)
Blue Hole
Shark Ray Alley
Reef
The Atolls
Sunset Catamaran ride

Eating spots -
Capricorn
Elvis
Mexican - Calinete I think

Recommend any others?

Also I know there are a couple of people arriving around the same time as me, I think it's Kayla & O Jackie. If you guys see this tell me again where it is your staying, maybe we can meet somewhere.

Thanks to everyone who has made this board so wonderful and helpful. I feel so much better about my visit after finding this board.

excuse me, but i do not see 'laying around doing nothing' anywhere on that list. just reading it makes me tired!

- i would skip the blue hole, do the atolls
- give el patio a try for dinner, the waiter was a hoot and the food yummy
- i think last taxi run is 10 or 11 pm? otherwise, it will be a looonnng walk
- i think i heard lamanai is the better trip of the two, i don't know if i would do both ruins (i saw xunantunich)

as always, JMHO

E
E
lilwings

Congrtas on your upcoming wedding. I will be at Rubies, amd Jackie is a Banana Beach. I will probably stop by Fidos on Wed, and if you ask Shaggy, Gilly, or Michael if I am there (Bartenders) they can probably point me out (That is if they have not forgotten me in the past two weeks-plus if I have not come by-they do not know I have come back). Anyway, I would also try the seafood gumbo at Mango's while you are there. Perfect for pre-dive lunch as it is not heavy. Estel's has a great breakfast, and you can enjoy watching the people and the view. And dont be afraid to try the tacos at one of the vendors. They are great. I would also highly recommend Amigos Del Marbfor the diving. I had a geat time with them and have never heard anything but good feedback about this operation. I will be doing Blue Hole this time as well, so hopefully we meet up and we can all go together (Just what you want on your honeymoon he he). I will not be doing it until the second week, so there is plenty of time. Let me know if you have any questions about anything else. I am bored out of my mind waiting for Wednesday night to get here.

Kayla

[This message has been edited by ellydognme (edited 07-29-2002).]

S
S
We tried to book a trip out to the atolls with Amigos 2 weeks ago and we could never get enough people together to make the trip. I think it takes 7 to make a boat. MAybe you should round up your group first. There were only 3 of us, so we were on a waiting list all week.
Go to Blue water Grill. it is great!

if one shop isnt going, find one that is. there certainly are enuff good ones.

T
T
the best breakfast on the island imo, is rubys flour tortilla with ham, cheese and beans. can still taste them!!! our other favorite was elvi's, ate there several times. we also ate at capricorns, caliente, blue water grill, and sweet basil. i liked the local food best, can get gourmet in us. eryn

L
OP Offline
L
Sweet Jane - I wish I could put R&R on the list but I feel there is so many wonderful things to do while I'm there. I may not get a chance to go back and I want to feel I was able to take it all in and explore as much as I can. My main reason for picking Altun Ha is for the Maraumba Spa, is it worth it for that?

Kayla - I will ask the bartenders to point you out. I'm sure they remember you. Seems like everyone there remembers everyone, according to this board.

Thanks again everyone. I can't wait. Oh & Sweet Jane I've used your advice on the plastic bags. Working quite well. Hopefully it will work and keep things from getting that humidty wet feeling.

Oh, another thought, has anyone used the Cyber Cafe to send messages to your loved ones back home. Since there will not be anyone to share in our ceremony with us. Our families are very anxious to hear how it went and possibly see pictures. Just wondering what the cost is for that?

D
D
Have lunch at Micky's on Wed ( burrito day) awsome and cheap! Papi's Diner is great. Bring a couple of thermal mugs with you and plenty of ziplock baggies. Bc's is a few minutes walk north of Ramons on the beach.Sharks bar has killer pizza.Buy your belikens from the distributer ( just ask anyone where it is, they will even deliver to your hotel) If you are divers definatly check out the atols. Hope this helps!

Have fun and Dive Safe!!

Ron

G
G
One other thing that was great fun:
a place called Palapalas(?)
Jane or one of the others can fill you in....we took a boat taxi to get there on a Sunday afternoon....great people, good music, great fun!
Congrats on your marriage!

D
D
lilwings
I just saw your list and I have to mention
that we go down in Feb and we always go out
on the El Gato Catamaran for a sunset cruise.
Geraldo does such a great job and it is VERY
romantic... I guarantee!!
check out website //ambergriscaye.com/elgato/index.html
d's wife bb

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.