[Linked Image]

Just last Saturday, a new and very different business for Ambergris Caye, hosted an opening party. Level Up Barcade – an arcade with a bar and snacks bringing totally new games and activities to Belize but for some of us? It’s a total blast from the past…a flashback to the 80s…and my bad hair that would not feather no matter how hard I tried, braces, Guess jeans, awesome music, and rainbow everything.Level Up Barcade is located south of town in the Mahogany Bay area. A big and ever-growing area set away from the ocean, back in the inner lagoons, behind these large front gates.

Let’s look inside. The owner, Reuben, is from the states and collected a whole bunch of cool memorabilia and 80s and 90s games and….as he said “until my garage in Denver was full”. And then…he shipped it down to Belize. Albums and stickers, figurines, Gameboys and old Atari games… You could REALLY go down a rabbit hole with 80s memorabilia. Frogger and Donkey Kong and Centipede -so many classics!

For information on Level Up Barcade – check out their great website or Facebook page

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop

[Linked Image]