Print Thread
Visitor Thankful for Lifesaving Care in San Pedro #554917
01/10/22 05:24 AM
01/10/22 05:24 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Island visitor is thankful for the lifesaving care he received in Belize

On December 4th we were at this beautiful place for dinner with a private table right on the beach in San Pedro, Belize to celebrate our cousin, Elana’s birthday. The setting was perfect. Our own private table away from everything and just a few steps from the water. We ordered appetizers and drinks then Elana reminded us we had been here 10 years before for her wedding to Howard.

I started to feel sick. There was internal heat washing over me and my heart started to race. I was nauseous, dizzy, my heart was pounding hard and things just did not feel right. Pris walked me the 100 feet back to the building to use the bathroom. We slowly returned, Pris holding my arm. I tried to relax on the chaise lounge but there was too much adrenaline being pushed into my system. Later, the doctor explained this is the body’s way of warning you to do something.

We rushed in our golf cart – what everyone drives on the island. Elana raced at our peak speed of 25 mph over the speed bumps and around the corners – to the one clinic with the one doctor on the island. Once in the single clinic room, I was connected to monitors. Doctor Dani started an IV, did blood work, and examined me. It felt like a long time. We arrived just before 6 pm. I looked at the clock and it read 9:59 pm. At that moment, I panicked because I knew I was having a heart attack, I just knew it. Why had it taken so long to do anything? Were they not acting because I wasn’t going to make it? I called for Pris, “my wife, where’s my wife” and she squeezed my hand and said, “I’m right here.” “Am I dying,” I asked? She answered no but I could tell behind that strength that she always has, there was some fear in her response.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Re: Visitor Thankful for Lifesaving Care in San Pedro [Re: Marty] #554921
01/10/22 07:50 AM
01/10/22 07:50 AM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
What a wonderful outcome to a very frightening health issue! So happy all turned out well. And I am glad to know that Dr Danny and the clinic are so efficient and effective. I have known many fine gents who have died from widow makers around the world - so glad it did not happen in this event.

Re: Visitor Thankful for Lifesaving Care in San Pedro [Re: Marty] #554977
01/13/22 07:15 AM
01/13/22 07:15 AM
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
Great outcome and so nice of him to give credit to those who saved his life.
For those reading this article who are not familiar with San Pedro - there is some incorrect information in the article that should be clarified.
He states that there is only one Doctor and one Clinic on the island - this is far from the case. There are actually quite a few doctors and definitely more than one clinic here. In addition to Ambergris Hope's Clinic (Dr. Danny) there is San Pedro Urgent Care, San Carlos Clinic and San Pedro Poly Clinic.

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
January
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 82 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics76,195
Posts492,897
Members20,046
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.