[Linked Image]

By San Pedro Scoop: I first visited Ambergris Caye in August of 2006. I remember asking "Where does everyone go on Saturday night?" And the bartender looked into the distance�wistfully if I remember correctly�and told us about The Barefoot Iguana. The nightclub just down the road�where EVERYONE went on Saturday nights�"it was awesome".

But it just closed in 2005 or 2006. I don't remember the reason. A huge empty building with a large plaster pyramid, dripping with plaster vines and the words BAREFOOT IGUANA left�empty. A few years later, a bar opened on the outside of the empty building. Roadkill Bar - they did a very popular karaoke night for a while and a quiz night (photos from 2011!) and burgers that were really tasty. It's been open (under a few different owners) since then until just a few weeks ago�when I heard that the Roadkill bar was removed from the outside of the building and being moved up near Secret Beach!

If you haven't been to Roadkill or seen the Barefoot Iguana building - it is south of San Pedro town�just south of the Belize Yacht Club. I was told that the club will be re-opening in August. A whole 16 years since it last closed�wow.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop