Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Help, I need some advice on a premium hotel to stay on San Pedro! I am currently considering Victoria House, Ramon's and Portofino. I'll be going in early October with my "special" female friend.

We'e looking for a nice beachfront cabana, beautiful beach and good proximity to town.

Thanks for the advice. Michael

L
L
Portofino - looks very nice but it is six miles from town up on the north end. Very remote.

Ramon's - was on our list too. Glad we didn't pick it. Too much noise, too many kids. In the heart of town. The thatched cabanas looked good.

Victoria House - probably where we will stay next time. Very romantic and peaceful setting. South end of town.

My husband & I were just married/honeymooned in AC and had the best time of our life. We stayed on the North end and loved it. We were 3 miles from town - Captain Morgan's. Very seculed and romantic. We wanted to stay in a thatched cabana. Loved it!

Good luck to you. AC is a wonderful place. I'm having the hardest time adjusting to being back home and in reality again. It's been 5 days now.

(didn't it feel funny to put your shoes back on?!)

vh is a good choice based on your requirements.

I
I
My special friend Bill and I just stayed at Portofino's and absolutely loved it. I would highly recommend either the Jasmine or Sunflower or Honeymoon palapas...
Yes, it is remote, but once you are on the boat to town I don't think it matters if you travel 3 miles or 6 miles to town.
It is romantic, private and very low key. You can always go to town, but when you're not there, you can literally have the pier and the beach to yourself. We loved it!

S
S
If you mean "high end" (as in REALLY high; ie, money is no object) why not go for greatness and try Cayo Espanto? (www.aprivateisland.com)
If we had the dough, I'd make my husband take me there. I haven't seen it in person but the pix make it look like the loveliest and most luxurious place you can find anywhere, including AC. (Actually its not on AC, just a mile or two away...) I don't think it gets any more romantic than that.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
yes, susan, you are probably right. i didn't even think of it 'cause i could never afford it!!! here is the link.
//ambergriscaye.com/cayoespanto/index.html

tho, portofino & playa blanca are also supposed to be very beautiful.

the "lodgings" link will help much.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.