08/19/02 04:46 PM
08/19/02 04:46 PM
Tallahassee, FL USA
R
Rick&Rachel Offline

Rick&Rachel  Offline
R
deb1022-
I know how it is, we can hardly contain ourselves at this point! There is just a special magic to Belize.

We are staying 9 nights, same as last year. One week just isn't enough, is it? They pretty much had to carry us kicking and screaming to the airport! Ha Ha!

We never tried, Andojitos, but since you gave it such a great recommendation, we will surely try it this time. We were told that she makes tortilla chips for many of the restaurants on the island.

We did do some snorkeling off the beach and Tropica's pier. The water becomes pretty much waist deep about 50 yards out. We saw the most fish and even a 4 ft barracuda right under the pier. You aren't going to see a whole lot, but for a lazy afternoon, why not?

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56036
08/19/02 05:53 PM
08/19/02 05:53 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
if you want to be both secluded & quiet yet still have easy town access, we stayed at caribe island. it is the most southern resort, and a fun 15 minute golf cart ride to town. you get to pass the croc lagoon [Linked Image]

they have equipped kitchens in every condo, plus air and cable tv. best of all, there are several sized rooms. we had our kids, plus a single friend. we had a 3 br 2-story loft suite, and friend was right next door in a mini-suite. pool, bar, little restaurant, maid service.

here are some pics:
http://www.pbase.com/image/3510317/medium
http://www.pbase.com/image/3453282

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56037
08/19/02 05:55 PM
08/19/02 05:55 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
oh, this is a goodie: my daughter on the cart ride! (shhh. kids aren't supposed to drive. she is a good driver!)
http://www.pbase.com/image/3514735

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56038
08/19/02 06:30 PM
08/19/02 06:30 PM
OH IO, USA
deb1022 Offline OP

deb1022  Offline OP
Sweet Jane

Thanks so much for the pictures, they were wonderful to look at after working 9 1/2 hours today. Have to pay for our Belize trip. We have a Nikon Digital camera that I'm still trying to figure out. Takes really good pics but does not print as well. Maybe our printer, I don't know. Thinking about getting another 35mm to take with us so I make sure to get good pictures. We videotaped last year, so we watch every so often while we wait to go back. THANKS AGAIN. I'm going to post another question about the price of renting golf carts. $60 a day from Tropica, but read on this board $30 from somewhere???

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56039
08/19/02 06:43 PM
08/19/02 06:43 PM
OH IO, USA
deb1022 Offline OP

deb1022  Offline OP
Rick&Rachel

I counted the days today I shouldn't have done that, 82. Yuck, oh well. I get my fix online, can't get enough, just like a little kid. When I was little and we would go to Florida every year. You live in Tallahase (sp)? we want to move to Marathon, but that isn't reality, so we are looking at Fort Pierce and Stuart area. Had to cancel a trip this past July because of my husbands back. We were going to look at real estate and availability of jobs. My son graduates next year from high school and is looking at University of Miami. Would love to move, but big decision.
Where was your favorite place to eat in Ambergris? We really liked El Patio, the grilled grouper sandwich was wonderful. I was alittle disappointed in Elvi's, but willing to try again.

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56040
08/19/02 08:47 PM
08/19/02 08:47 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
yeah! we liked el patio too. and the waiter actually "got" our jokes (our humor is pretty off color). mickey's was good for breakfast.

we paid about $50/day for our cart, $250/wk.

those pics were digital. just learn how t use it. i love it now. my printer was only like $150. nothing fancy. you have to really make sure the printer settings are set for photo quality. i missed one little detailed toggle, and couldnt get a good print for 3 months. almost took the damn thing back. then i took the time one day to look at every single setting...and got it.

and then ther are right there on my pc & i look at 'em all the time & can share them like this:
http://www.pbase.com/image/3896357/large

this is caribe island resort from the air [Linked Image]

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56041
08/19/02 11:32 PM
08/19/02 11:32 PM
Conroe, Texas, USA
B
brandilee3 Offline

brandilee3  Offline
B
my boyfriend and i stayed at tropica last new years. we were completely satisfied with our room/rates ect.
The beach at tropica is very nice and their workers are very sweet; the girl Ishia did my hair with braids and breads from the dive shop.
When i go back to AC i will stay there again.
One thing that I think is important to remember when traveling to another contry is that belize is very laid back and you do not recieve the same service as you do in the US. Belizian people are not in a hurry; and they have a lot to teach us about the way we live our lives. I bet there our no belizian people taking anxiety drugs. HAHA
Sorry to go on and on; I am an AC acholic and can not want to get back - you will have a blast!

Re: Going in Nov-02 #56042
08/20/02 08:45 PM
08/20/02 08:45 PM
OH IO, USA
deb1022 Offline OP

deb1022  Offline OP
Thanks everybody for your comments. I'll be checking back everyday.

Rick & Rachel-have a great time and be sure and let us know everything when you get back. And remember I'll still be here waiting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Roberto El Vagabundo), 253 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,365
Posts475,892
Members19,466
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.