Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#56243 08/28/02 11:21 AM
gail: that is a pretty good overview of the choices. i really never recommend an "all-inclusive" package on ambergris.

here is one last picture of ci's beach/dive shop:
http://www.pbase.com/image/4255615

#56244 08/28/02 11:22 AM
ps - we had the same fly problem up north at JE in 8/00 during a calm.

#56245 08/29/02 02:05 PM
About Seaside Cabanas on Caye Caulker. Everyone talks about how noisey it is near the main peir, and I have to disagree. Its not like the municipal peir in San PEdro with barges offloading, its just where the water taxis bring people. The new concrete municipal peir is on the back side of Caye Caulker. There is NO place on Caye Caulker that is noisey, except next to the Sunset Disco, the Oceanside Bar, or in my building (that is, when my landlord's children are on the island) There are about 4 cars on the island and maybe 15 golf carts. Another option is Iguanna Reef Inn. Perfect setting for a wedding. I would suggest Lazy Iguana Bed & Breakfast or Treetops, but both of those resorts have only 4 rooms and wouldnt accomodate a group your size. You can check out most of these places at www.cybercayecaulker.com
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

#56246 08/30/02 07:06 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks everyone. I've put Seaside Cabanas back on the list. The web site does make it look fabulous and Jim at Magnum travel says great things about it. I do love the thought of staying in a cabana and the price is great.

Does anyone know anything about the beach there? None of the pictures show the beach side with the Cabanas.

I'm still open to other thoughts and ideas so please keep them coming.

This site has been a lifesaver!! Thanks so much.

#56247 08/31/02 08:57 AM
dunno. personl opinions, i guess, but i thought i'd like the cabana thing, so i did it at ramon's & journeys end, and didn't really like eitehr one. they are almost always much smaller than a regular room, and kinda stuffy. more critters, bugs & sand in them too. that is a big reason this last trip we didn't do it, & got a room. also, i was always woken up by the guys raking the beach at 6 am (even tho they tried hard to keep quiet)

again, just MHO.

#56248 09/01/02 09:41 AM
B
B
I'm not sure about seaside cabanas. I'm not really sure about what you like, are used to, or are looking for, but I was in Caye Caulker last year, and management showed us the rooms.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the rooms are smaller than they appear in the ads, and darker, and not as nice looking. They may have refurbished it since last year, but I think you'll be happier with someplace on AC, unless money is a huge factor.

#56249 09/06/02 01:52 PM
I got married on AC a year ago. It was so wonderful! We got married at SunDiver, which was great. However, if your dad is in poor health, I would recommend staying someplace where you don't have to take a water taxi to get to town (i.e. no Capt. Morg's, no SunDiver, no Mata Chica, no Journey's end, nothing on the North end of the island). I say this b/c my dad is also in poor health and had some trouble getting in and out of the water taxi, and the ride could get a little bumpy. My sister in law was pregnant, and I felt really bad for her having to ride in the boat a lot.

I think some place south of town would be idea. You can rent a golf cart to get to town easily, but you are outside of the hustle and bustle of town (not that there's much hustle and bustle!).

As for all-inclusive, I don't think you'll have much luck finding that option. But I'm sure wherever you go, you can always get "separate checks" to avoid haggling over who owes what each time. At the hotel, eveyone can just have their meals/drinks billed to their room and pay at the end.

I highly recommend you do a catamaran trip with Hustler. They took us snorkeling and made us lunch on a deserted beach. It was SO great! One of the best meals I had the whole time I was there. The guides were so much fun, too!

My wedding was a dream come true! I'm sure yours will be too.

Best wishes!

Jennifer

#56250 04/01/03 01:09 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all,
Thanks for all your great information. We chose Caribe Island Resort and got married March 15, 2003. It was a like a fairy tale and we could not have been happier.

Almost everyone in attendance made the comment that this was the prettiest, most wonderful wedding they had ever attended. My best friend is still referring to it as "the perfect wedding." Vicki and the staff at Caribe went above and beyond to make things beautiful. A special thanks goes to Lacy, Chuck, Albert and Sherlette. Talk about fabulous-these folks are great. If I asked for it, I got it and usually more. The best part was that I never had to worry about a thing, and could enjoy family and friends and a great vacation.

You can see some of our wedding at Our Wedding Website It is a little heavy on the pictures, so it may take a moment to load.

We were so fortunate to find Vicki at Caribe Island. The folks at Caribe were AMAZING! I can't give them high enough praise. The resort was beautiful, clean and had all the amenities we needed. The complimentary cab ride to and from town each evening was just one of all the personal touches there. We could be far enough away to have the serenity we wanted and the access of San Pedro. Oh and one last praise, for Carlos at the Blue Hole Dive center. He took the whole group to Lamanai and gave us the most informative and interesting tour I've ever had. If you are going, go with Carlos.

Thanks again. If you can't tell already Dave, myself and our families will never forget our perfect wedding. We'll be back for many anniversaries!!!

#56251 04/01/03 01:28 PM
Nice proboscis, sweetjane.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#56252 05/06/03 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Sonya,
Thanks so much for calling me today. I don't know how I missed this post! Your pictures are just spectacular!!
It was our pleasure to meet you, Dave and your families and host your wedding. And we are looking forward to your Anniversary trip already!!
Thanks again!!
Vicki

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.