Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56312 08/25/02 10:37 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone. I am looking to find a place to stay . I have narrowed it down to 4 places.
Coral Bay, south of town so not as noisy, but is it too far from town? We definately dont want a place where we need a golf cart as it will add to our expenses and that we cannot include . The Mayan Princess, Seven Seas, or Paradise Villas which are in town. I wonder if it is noisy in these parts of town late at night or early in the am? Would like a pool but can live without one if the accomodations and view are worth it at another place. Also want to know how the beaches are around these places, if they have good areas close by to swim, relax by . thanks.

#56313 08/25/02 01:43 PM
S
S
We just returned from A.C. a week ago & stayed @ 7 Seas - 7 Seas is not in downtown San Pedro but is surrounded by other structures - We found it very pleasant - Not upscale - but clean & cute - The bedroom is the only room air-conditioned but that was OK we didn't go to AC to watch TV or cook but welcomed the extra room - We walked to town easily & never rented a golf cart - Don't know much about Mayan Princess, Coral Bay or Paradise Villas - At 7 Seas the pool is located interior, surrounded by 7 Seas - Hubby & I enjoyed it every night when we returned from town - It's shallow but we weren't interested in using it during the day or for diving - 7 Seas has a dock you can swim from but we didn't participate we were gone during the day - Under add topic & reply on this page you can hit search and put each property in and it will search replies for you - Have a great time!!! No matter where you stay you'll enjoy it!!! The people you meet are incredibly nice!!!!!

#56314 08/25/02 01:51 PM
First let me say that I have not stayed in a Paradise Villas unit, nor have I stayed at Seven Seas.

I have stayed in a number of different suites in the Mayan Princess. I thought the rooms and the views from the Mayan were wonderful. I love their private balconies. The bedroom part of the room is near the entry door. If you are on the third floor in the middle it should be reasonably quiet. I don't like the second floor, especially in a room in the middle of the building because the ice making machine is in the hall and turns on and off all night long. I was awake every half hour. [Linked Image] The Mayan is in one of the busiest parts of town and right in between Fidos and Cholos bars and near to Big Daddy's. I never found that the music or traffic bothered me which is odd considering my normal sensitivity in this regard. However, I have heard others complain about the noise. Perhaps it is because I don't go to bed until Fido's is shut down. The beach area in front of the Mayan is *very* busy. And there are often locals lounging about on the Mayan's beach chairs out front. The Mayan has a nice little short dock out front with some deck chairs on it for sunbathing. There is almost never anyone using them and is out of the foot traffic. I quite enjoy the Mayan but people that like to lazy by a pool or the ocean, will probably not care for the location. The suites are very nice.

The suites that I have seen at the Paradise Villas are OK. The units that I saw seemed a bit dark and the furniture a bit worn but a lot of the units are owned by different people and so they are not all furnished exactly the same. Lots of people are quite happy with the units. The grounds are lovely, lovely. They have a very nice pool and pool area, the pool is not huge but then almost none of the pools in SP are terribly large. Compared to the pool at the Blue Tang, it is huge. [Linked Image] The beach out front of the Villas has a seawall but there is a nice dock to swim off of and they've placed some bells out there to create a little reef and if you snorkel you can see some nice fish and things. This is a great location other than the beach seawall. And it will be quiet there in the morning and the evenings.

The Seven Seas has a nice pool area and is on a much quieter area of the beach than the first two places. It is a good location for being close enough to town to be able to walk everywhere. And being close to Papi's restaurant is major bonus points in my book. I'm sure that it will be much more quiet there in the morning and later than will the Mayan. However, it is down in Boca del Rio backing onto a local's neighborhood. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, in fact, I think that's great. But when I stayed down in Boca del Rio, the locals' dogs barking all night drove me crazy! And there was always lots of music playing. I don't know if the music would filter over to the Seven Seas, but I know if those dogs are barking there's nothing that will drown that out. [Linked Image]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#56315 08/26/02 08:42 AM
B
B
Muriel33 - I can provide some perspective on Coral Bay Villas as we stayed at Caribbean Villas right next door south for 10 days in April. Do you "need" a golf cart? No. We rented for one day, had a great time going far north and far south. The rest of the time we walked or biked to town. It is a bit of a walk (especially in the dark - there are areas you definitely need a flashlight for so as not to trip on construction materials, etc.) and it is also a bit of a bike ride but not beyond doable --- even for us 50-somethings. If we were doing it again, we might just rent a cart for a week. It wasn't absolutely necessary but it was a lot more convenient for groceries and felt a little safer (since I hadn't ridden a bike in awhile and the streets are highly crowned with some interesting potholes in places). Enjoy your trip!

[This message has been edited by BankerWoman (edited 08-26-2002).]

#56316 08/26/02 01:58 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you , thank you for all your suggestions and information. Looks like we are going ot go for Coral Bay . I never would have thought to bring a flashlight either so thanks , what a great idea!!!!! Can I ask.... how was the mosquitos, thewy love me and as i write this they are probably hacking into my pc to get my itinerary so they can plot their blood mission against me . I know i need to bring Deet but will i need to bring alot of long sleeved shirts or pants , how bad are they? Thanks again .

#56317 08/26/02 02:02 PM
B
B
Muriel33 - You didn't say what time of year you will be in AC. In April, we needed bug spray less there than we would have at home in the upper Midwest (which is virtually no bug spray at all). It seems from what I read here that early summer can be pretty buggy on AC but can't speak for the rest of the year. I'm sure if you post when you're going, someone will give you the scoop.

Just reread that you would like a pool but would be willing to trade off for a better view or accommodations. Wanted to make certain that you know that CBV does not have a pool. When we were there four months ago, the view due west of you was a very large and pretty unattractive barge moored at the beach providing construction equipment for a resort (La Perla Escondida) being built one lot to the north. A little noisy at times but not at night or early in the morning. If that type of thing concerns you (if it is still there...) you might want to take that into consideration.

[This message has been edited by BankerWoman (edited 08-26-2002).]

#56318 08/26/02 02:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you Bankerwoman. We will be travelling at the end of september and amongst other things are praying that hurricane season diesnt travel to AC whenb we are there.
I am a little concerned about the view from CBV. Nothing worse than going on vacation to look at a scrap loading barge etc. Hmm I will email CBV and ask them about their view during this time. I would like to consider Banyan bay or bananas but i think they are a bottoo expensive for me . How did you find Caribbean villas next door . How was everything there? Thanks again for all your help.

#56319 08/26/02 03:48 PM
B
B
Muriel33: If you would like me to share offline, leave your e-mail for me and I will not bore others with my trip. (Hope you get some late-September bug info!)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.