Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Sorry, this is just a technical question. Hubby & I are arriving next Thursday at 1:20 on a Continental flight from Houston. Here are my choices: Maya Island Air has a flight leaving BZE to San Pedro at 2:10 PM and Tropic Air has flights at 1:40 and 2:40 PM. Is there any way I can make the 1:40? Should I just book the 2:10? How far is it from the Continental gates to the domestic gates? We will not have any checked luggage, so that may make it a bit faster for us. Any imput appreciated!
Hallie

I would recommend book the later flight and then if you're early - show up and more than likely they'll get you on the earlier one.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
C
C
Getting from 1 gate to another in most airports could easily take 20 minutes (and that's not including customs or immigration) because you will be going through baggage claim (even if you don't pick up bags) and have to start back over from the front of the airport. I would book the later flight and see what's available if you show up early.

Nate

B
B
I'm with them. Book the later flight. We were there in April and came in on the same Continental flight as you will. The baggage pickup was the quickest part so that wouldn't have held you up anyway. The wait through immigration and the wait for security check into the Maya/Tropic terminal was what took the time (you'll be taking your shoes off - prepare for it and wear slip-ons!). And we definitely needed the potty-stop before we reboarded. Too much to even consider accomplishing in twenty minutes.

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks everyone for your imput! I guess I'm just so anxious to get to the island! I tend to get nervous anyway, if I think I'm running late, so the later reservation will help me relax. Thanks again!
Hallie

IF,

We have a fair amount of experience with Tropic Air flights to AC, so......

Book whatever you feel comfortable with. The truth of the matter is that you will que up at the Tropic counter, buy your ticket or have a boarding pass issued, and they will put you on the next flight to AC. They obviously know when the intercontinental flights are arriving, and arrange for additional aircraft to take the arrivals to Ac or other BZ destinations. In other words, as soon as an arrival hits the tarmac, "schedule" times go out the window and they start packing y'all to the island. Best advice, relax and work on "island time".

P
P
You may want to book the later flight just because it will give you time to meet Eden, there is a little bar in the corner of the airport when you get into that terminal (not that the airport is huge but the prop jobs fly out of a different section) Eden is the bartender, he has been there for jeez I think 15 or more years, he collects law enforcement patches and has them tacked up all over the back of his bar they are from every state in the US. What a character, order a rum punch or a Belikin, it was a fun experience for my husband and me. If you have time to kill I would suggest it [Linked Image].

Note..many of the Continental planes, disembark from the front door and the back door. In that case being in the middle section, will make you last everytime.
Also, if you are in the back of the line at immigration, keep your eye on the line to the right, where the Belizeans are stamped, and when they have all gone thru, they open that line to the tourist, so jump right over there. (maybe they do not open that line everytime to tourist, probably depends on the number of arrivals)
If you have checked bags, you will see 100 black bags sitting around on the floor by the baggage area, so use some colorful Marking for your bags, to speed up that process.

Dare To Deviate
B
B
Island Fan-

I flew Tropica - as long as you have a ticket for their airline they will let you bump up or down on times. There are planes headed for AC leaving out of that airport like crazy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.