Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
BTL, our only internet service provider, has been upgrading their system the last couple days, thus folks have beeen having trouble receiving their mail-- should be OK tomorrow

so if you haven't heard back from a person or biz on the island, you will. be a bit patient as messages are sometimes being delayed a day or two before receiving...

Ah Marty,

Would that upgrade be clean string, and a new supply of freshly washed tomato soup cans? A disruption in service from BTL, hmmmmmmmm. Almost as unthinkable as a disruption with BEL.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Must be the medication again.

CC

I have also heard of some major virus going around Belize. I have been getting emails directed to other places. Yesterday got em for Maya Travel, today just got one for Five Sisters! Beef up your virus protection, Belize lovers!

K
K
I've been getting some strange E-Mails also. Some for Sunrise Reality and some for Belize Bank. Have also gotten some kind of virus from these and have to get it fixed today.
I've just been deleting them the last two days without opening them.

Someone has you in their address book. I don't think it means it's coming from Belize.

These nasty viruses are all over the world.
Beef up your protection from them. I had to and sure am glad I did.

It's a worm called Bugbear. You don't have to be in a person's email address index to get an infected email from them. The worm is rerouted through various places and you could end up with the worm being sent to you from what appears to be someone that you have never corresponded with. Update your virus ware. Norton only did this fix on September 30.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I thought I forgot to pay my ridiculous $340 internet access bill for last month.
Glad it was them instead.

Jim
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
here's my boilerplate response when people say they got a virus email from me, and i keep these machines clean as they can be...
===========
it was probably that virus that pulled email addresses out of folks' address books, uses that address for the 'return' email address, and sends the virus. i haven't had it, but i sure have gotten a blizzard of email polluted with them.

and since they use an address from the address book for the return address, it looks like its coming from a person who actually is not the person that sent it.

gets rather confusing. but suffice it to say that someone with the virus had my email address in their address book, and sent the virus as an attachment to you saying it came from me when it didn't. what a hassle of a virus.
========

I guess I didn't use enough words, thanks Marty for saying what I didn't say. smile

mine stopped now. did yours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.