Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#57772 10/07/02 08:41 AM
Caliente, Sweet Basil's, Papi's Diner, Jambel Jerk Pit and BC's Beach BBQ on Sundays.

Best drink??? Why a panty ripper of course!!!

#57773 10/07/02 09:01 AM
O
O
The best is no doubt Papis Diner, the other four would be:Casa Picasso(Italian),Caliente(Mexican),Estelles by the Sea and the street vendors by the park.
Jackie

#57774 10/07/02 10:08 PM
F
F
How in the world has nobody mentioned Rendevous?

the best thai i've ever had. ...and the best meal i had in 8 nights on the island. and i tried all those other places

#57775 10/08/02 12:16 AM
My Favorites:

Jade Garden
For over-all dining experience and great food.... The egg rolls are to die for and almost a meal in themselves. Not your typical egg roll. Great service and nice atmosphere at a very reasonable price.

Caliente's
Great unusual and spicey food. Attentive waiters and a great beachfront view.

Jambel's
For the Coconut Curry Chicken. Good drinks too!

The Reef
For that comfortable take-your-shoe's-off-your-at-home dinner. Great local food at good prices. My favorite is the fried shrimp with white rice and stew beans and coleslaw. You can get good whole fried fish here too for about $7bz.

Manuel's Tropical Takeout
Fine breakfast and coffee in a newly redecorated restaurant. Across the street from Tropic Air.
Good Belizean food at great prices.

Mickey's
Fantastic burritoes on Wednesdays. Chicken or beef....$10bz It's a whopper burrito with all the fixins.

BC's
Sunday BBQ. AWESOME! Don't miss it...nuff said!

Papi's
Great food....great prices...and truly nice people. Makes you feel at home.

Mr. Lee's
If you live here long enough, you will frequent the places where you get the most food for your buck. Mr. Lee's has great fried chicken with either fries or fried rice for $5bz. It's enough food for 2 meals. Just ask anyone in town where it is.

Celi's on the beach
Really nice for lunch. Beachfront, reasonable prices, nice atmosphere and friendly staff.
I love their chicken strips and their potato salad. The pico de gallo is awesome. I always order rice and stew beans and then ask for the pico de gallo to mix in with it. Closed Wednesdays so they can do the beach BBQ.

Holiday Hotel Beach BBQ
Wednesday nights. Choose either fish, chicken or pork chops. Served with coleslaw, beans, pico de gallo and tortilla. Everybody sits right on the beach and enjoys their meal. Usually starts around 6pm. Oh yea...by the way...
If you are looking for your fork...they wrap it up in the tortilla...LOL

Pepperoni's
New pizza place that delivers. Pretty damn good pizza. Not stingy with the toppings.

Enjoy! smile

#57776 10/08/02 12:35 AM
S
S
Hi SeaMolly, I would agree with the above recommendations for the most part, but you must have dinner one night at the Blue Water Grill at the SunBreeze Hotel. The food and atmosphere are great, its close to town and you can go to the Holiday Hotel (ask for Kristian) for drinks afterward.

#57777 10/08/02 11:09 AM
R
R
Hmmmm....

Capricorns -- (cha-ching!)
Jambels
Elvi's
Street Vendors -- (grab a $3 plate and a beach palapa/picnic table and yer done!!!)
Beach BBQ with fishing guide Luis Caliz -- who cooked our "catches-of-the-day" right on the beach for us, along with some of his wife's homemade cooking. To die for!!! Anyone know if he's on the isle now???

Uh huh. Yep. That was me.
#57778 10/08/02 12:21 PM
If u want a good romantic delious dining experience without the boat ride, u most try the Victoria House. Can't believe ya'll have not tried it!!!! eek

#57779 10/08/02 12:40 PM
I have to cast my vote also.... like the whole board has been waiting for me... lol!
Definitely BCs for Sunday BBQ, the combo plate is enough for 2 with chicken, ribs and sausage, the best potatoe salad in Belize, homemade beans and flour tortilla.
Caliente, for their coconut shrimp or chicken
Tropical Takeout across from the airstrip, open for breakfast and lunch only, great chimole and escabeche
Jade Garden for reasonably priced chinese food with a lovely dining room and verandah
For what its worth....
Come to Caye Caulker... and eat dinner at Habaneros, open only in the evening Wed-Sun. THey have a REAL chef, and for under 30 bz you can get a meal that would cost you 3x that much at Mata Chica or Rendevous
Jolly Roger's Grill, grilled lobster is only 20 bz with 2 homemade sides and garlic bread
Rasta Pasta - same great recipes and Marliyn still runs a terrific place.
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com
www.cybercayecaulker.com

#57780 10/08/02 03:24 PM
1)Papi's, 2)Mickey's, 3)Dos Coco's, 4)street vendors, and last but not least 5)Jambel Jerk Pit. :rolleyes:

of course, that's just my opinion.

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
#57781 10/08/02 04:29 PM
The very best is Sweet Basil for Lunch ( Shrimp salard to die for)
Estee on the beach for breakfast
Street vendor later at night
Saturday night Chicken at the Lion club
Celi for dinner

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.