Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Alright, first of all, was AC affected by the Hurricane at all? Second question is - do you need a passport to go to Belize (AC)? Third question - If we are wanting to buy groceries to take to our condo and the condo is 4 miles north of San Pedro, how do most people do this?

Don't believe BZ was affected, except for very heavy rains. Yes, need a passport. If you are 4 miles north of SP, are you staying North or South of the "cut"? Best way to transport groceries....carry them, put on a bicycle or golf cart.....Have fun!!!!!

No...no hurricane damage
Yes...you need a passport
When you arrive in San Pedro...grab a cab driver...load up your luggage and tell him to take you to the grocery store. For the best selection I'd recommend Island Supermarket...it's not the cheapest but you can find most anything you want there.
Also the San Pedro Distributor is next door so if you need cases of soda or beer and water, you can get them at that time.

Once you've bought and loaded up....then head for a boat and go home. Simple huh? smile

Have a good trip!

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
We are north of the cut - staying at Belizean shores. Does this make a difference? We have free transprotation from the hotel. Do we need to just not use thier service and go with a taxi in order to get groceries? Thank you for all your answers!
Kate

When you say free service...what do you mean? A boat or a golf cart? You can use either one if you are at Belizean Shores but I would think the boat would be easier and you can certainly haul a lot more stuff than a golf cart.

You can come across the pull ferry by golf cart and travel the road till you get to B.S.
The road is fairly decent except when it's really been raining. I'm sure those that live in the area of Belizean Shores can shed a little more light on the road condition.

I prefer a boat myself...less hassel.

Yes a boat would be less hassle.....but you have to use the "pull ferry" atleast once!! See, the island is divided by what they call the "river cut"....the only ways to get to the "north" side of AC is by boat or using a golf cart. If using a cart, you would pull up to the hand ferry, drive up on it, and the young men working it would pull you across....it's a great little ride and you would contribute to their "wage". Someone on here must have a picture of it???? C

here ya go ---

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/589.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
V
V
Kate We stayed at Bel Shores in August; they pick you up in their boat at Sharks Bar and take you to the property. When we booked they told us they would make a 10 minute run by the store, but when they picked us up they said that was only if you came in late in the day, and we arrived about 1:30. The next day we rented a golf cart at Essene Way (a short walk south of Bel Shores) and drove the path into town to get groceries. We shopped at Island Supermarket and found out later that was a huge mistake, very expensive and the San Pedrano market is cheaper. But do go to the beer distributor to buy beer, sodas, water, etc.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ae jus forrage in the bak lagoon ...
eek
it's just amazing what you can find behind yur house to eat ...that came from the lagoon .....
eek

jim- stop laughing.... and seh notin.....lol-lol

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
He He, Hummm foraging on my Honeymoon - not quite what I had in mind. The river cutt doesn't look to be too long. About how wide is it - or how long does it take to travel across? Another question is, how long does it take you to travel the 4 miles from Belizean Shores to San Pedro on a golf cart? I am also worried about what some of the others are saying about the US airlines going Bankrupt and the possible war. We are supposed to travel to Belize in Jan. eek

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.