Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
To all who are concerned about ambergris caye and caye caulker
There has been much more damage than expected to all who live on the islands, and reports of loss of life are beginning to filter in. Please be aware that any loss of life is due to the WEST Part of the islands. Which means this is local area, not tourist area. As far as I know no tourist is or has been in harms way, it has been the locals. Our hearts go out to the ones who have lost their loved ones, and i know they will never read this, but all that do, please say a prayer for the people in BELIZE, especially in San Pedro area and caye Caulker, and for those who care. It was BAD!!!!!!
I'm not trying to alarm anyone, but you have to know reality about the islands, I have been in contact with people on Ambergris Caye and it is not good. But I do agree, That it will not take long to get back to standard of what we call ourselves, americans. Look into yourselfs and see what we have compared to what they have and you'll know. They need our support!! Let us know, because we have started a drive and it will not stop till we get the islands back to where they need to be.

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-04-2000).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We are frightened and hurt here also.Is there any way to find out names? All of you are in my prayers. God bless,June

M
M
My heart just sank.

Very sad news. My heart goes out to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Oh please say it is not so. Did they ever find the boat with the beacon that got caught on the reef? Could the reference be to them? Are the casualties from Ambergris or Caye Caulker?

C
C
My daughter and son-in-law were there and yes it was a lot worse than it was reported. They knew of at least 10 deaths,locals. There are no trees left and they were hit 3 times with 190 mile an hour winds. They were staying in the dome shaped condos and the held up excellent. Their friend was staying in a new place they had just finished building and it blew away with him in it. Thank God he is okay and made it to their place for saftey. They are med students there. They said the damage is very great and horrible.

mims

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.