!

#5833 10/04/00 12:20 PM
H
H
?

#5834 10/04/00 12:37 PM
T
T
Thanks for the update David, I will let my mother, father and other brother know what is happening!!!

#5835 10/04/00 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I hope in the rush to get the Fox people out that nobaody forgets all the people that looked after them during this horrid event. I am not hearing alot about the people staying behind

#5836 10/04/00 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Just recieved a phonecall from a mother who spoke to her daughter who is part of the Fox crew at Sundiver. So far they are all still on the island,and hopefully they will be getting off today. Nothing is for sure. They supposedly have flights out for friday, but once agian nothing is for sure. As to the post above please do not judge this crew you have no idea what the situiation is and how they have helped. My boyfriend happens to be on this crew and I am sure he has put in his fair share of helping the island and people out, and I am sure he has expressed his gratitude more then enough. We will not forget about those who are still there, and because of my humanly nature I will still continue to organize and help even after my boyfriend arrives home.

#5837 10/04/00 01:59 PM
H
H
Nobody has said anything negative about the FOX crew trapped in Belize. They have been wonderful, and they sound like troppers to me. I am very happy they are going home to safety and their loved ones; but my main concern is helping those who are not as fortunate as they are. What we are trying to do here is to use the FOX contacts to communicate the severity of this situation to the U.S. and perhaps the rest of the world too. I know that people will get behind this and show their support everywhere if news crews from the U.S. get more involved. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Has anyone heard any confirmation about news crews in Belize? What about Ambergris? Caye Caulker? Caye Chapel, etc. Where are they, and why are we not hearing back from ANYONE with FOX in regard to this matter?

[This message has been edited by Helen (edited 10-04-2000).]

#5838 10/04/00 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I understand the concern about the fact that Fox News is not showing a great deal of interest in this story. It is wrong and disgusting. But I would just like to make one small point. The crew that is in Belize is an independent production crew, under contract to Fox Entertainment division. Fox News would only be concerned if it were Fox News employees down there. These people could have been Martians as far as Fox News is concerned. The only interest they might have is that the film crew are Americans. This is in no way meant to minimize their insensitivity. It is just posted in the hope that you won't think the film crew is guilty by association because they have been referred to as the "Fox Crew".

#5839 10/04/00 05:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thank You I am starting to get frustrated with all this blame going on to the innocent people on the island. Helen I tried to email you at the address you listed but it did not go through. Here is my number, if anybody crazy get is oh well. 323-265-3282

#5840 10/04/00 07:55 PM
B
B
Mr. Shevloff: Thanks for your call. I know the people in LA are doing all they can.

I have been unable to reach Amy since you called. Assume she is still at the Princess.

Brian Wruble

#5841 10/04/00 09:11 PM
H
H
For the record, I never said anything NEGATIVE about ANYONE! Except the prankster posters. In fact, I've said a lot of POSITIVE things about FOX, especially the stranded crew members.

I am aware (now) that they are not fox employees, but they did film a TV show for FOX, and I was trying to point out that, quite possibly, more people would watch their show when it airs if the Media (especially FOX) would get more involved in telling the world about Belize & Ambergris Caye.

I simply saw it as an opportunity to help a lot of desperate people (and the FOX Network TV ratings, and I apologize if I have not clearly communicated that. Why else would I use the words "win/win"?

By the way, I just heard about an hour ago (via email) that one of the confirmed casualties was very helpful to the FOX crew during their time on Ambergris Caye. Her name was Kay Smith, and it sounds like she was a really cool person. I'm very sad for her husband, Buddy Smith, and I'm trying to find out how I can help the Smith family to get through this tragedy. Please let me know what they need, and I'll see what I can do.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.