10/26/02 05:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Ladies,
Hello from Moultrie!!
I always tend to travel heavy... for a month's trip, I usually take 4-5 pair shorts, tops, several bathing suits and coverups, and one or two sundresses. One pair of sandles, not much makeup, scrunchies...
When are you going???? Would love to meet up with you.... I know many teachers in your area, as I have worked with cheerleaders all over GA for years.
You will love Belize!
Vicki
PS: But you can leave your Bulldawg stuff at home smile ....

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58340
10/26/02 11:30 PM
10/26/02 11:30 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
I get better at the clothes thing every time I go. I'm a short fat over 40 (no tattle tales please about how much over 40 confused ) woman and have actually found that anything that FITS around the waist is too hot when the wind stops blowing.
I've also found that T-shirt material, even when it's a tank top, is often too hot. cool T-shirts that are called "Uni-sex' (ha ha) that fit around the neck or are made of good quality heavy knit material are definitely too hot. As was said, lightweight cotton is best. I like sleeveless shifts, especially the long ones. They are good as a cover-up over a swimsuit during the day or for going out at night. Soft long skirts or dresses that swirl nicely in the breeze are definitely very sexy.
Take several swimsuits.
Harriette
laugh

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: What's a girl to wear? #58341
10/26/02 11:59 PM
10/26/02 11:59 PM
Denver, CO USA
RobertE Offline
RobertE  Offline
Ibanole - I root for Fla State too now. It was my first choice but the out of state tuition nixed it!!

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58342
10/27/02 03:01 AM
10/27/02 03:01 AM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Scubaldy nailed it.

Here's part of a post I made a while ago:

You can wear shorts all the time if you want, but I think you'd enjoy it if you took along a couple of sundresses or kicky skirts. Always wear your shoes in the bars/clubs because of broken glass, etc. Flip flops aren't too effective against broken glass but they're better than nothing I guess.
##

Like Scubaldy, I too like to wear long skirts that blow around my legs in the breeze too. Like her, it makes me feel sexy. I always take along a bunch of casual long skirts but that's my personal style. If I looked better in a short skirt, maybe that would be my style instead. Regardless, skirts and sundresses are still what I like to wear in the evening. Nothing fancy though. And I like to dance, so I've always got sandals that are comfy but have nice firm soles and made such a way that I can still walk in the sand with them on. I've usually got a couple of pairs cuz if it rains, well, I'll need the other pair. smile

Another thing that was mentioned in this thread and I'll go along with also, is taking along a light jacket or light knit sweater. When the northers come down in December, it can get chilly at night. You probably won't need it, but you'd rather have it and not use it, than not have it and need it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58343
10/27/02 10:51 AM
10/27/02 10:51 AM
detroit
SanHam Offline

SanHam  Offline
All these responses are right on. You won't use half the things you bring down and you'll probably end up wearing a couple of your most comfortable and favorites over and over again. Don't worry, cause Casa T has a washer and dryer. To be honest, I lived in swimsuits with coverup or shorts and a t top with built in bra. And that might be another thing to leave at home (lol) - Teva's are great but again, I found I didn't wear shoes at all or if I did, once I got to my destination, I quickly took them off. Putting my real shoes back on when we left AC felt really strange. When did you say you were going (I thought june/july?) Will she need a jacket/light sweater then?

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58344
10/27/02 04:17 PM
10/27/02 04:17 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Oh, geez, no, won't need the sweater in June/July. As for shoes, I know everyone loves not wearing their shoes, even me. But the beach and the streets have been getting more junk in them especially since the hurricane and you can get a nasty cut. Let's not even talk about the occasional worm. I have twice cut my feet on something in the sand. It's nasty and can't be properly healed until home.

On my walks, I'm always picking up pieces of glass and nails, even on the beach, especially down by Big Daddy's and the play park.

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58345
10/27/02 06:10 PM
10/27/02 06:10 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
UMBRELLA! You must have at least one umbrella. . I hope to find a white umbrella to use as much to keep the sun off cool as to stay dry. I take one that folds down very small so it fits in any bag so I am always prepared. As the song goes it never rains - it pours! BTW – it can rain any day of the year. This is not a bad thing – it keeps the plants lush. (The rum keeps the people lush :p )
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: What's a girl to wear? #58346
10/27/02 11:01 PM
10/27/02 11:01 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
An umbrella? I just take along those little disposable raincoats that come folded up the size of a purse pack of kleenex. It'll last the amount of time I'm there and the need that I'll have for it (if any) and it doesn't weigh anything in my suitcase.

Last Xmas season though, it rained so often and so hard (I was there for 3 weeks) that I had to go to the hardware and buy a yellow slicker. That made one person very happy when I left it behind. I wonder if I could get it back if and when I need it again? hee hee

Re: What's a girl to wear? #58347
10/28/02 12:30 AM
10/28/02 12:30 AM
moorpark ca
C
calcars Offline

calcars  Offline
C
Get naked will ya !!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 184 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,714
Posts486,625
Members19,816
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.