Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58682 03/27/04 12:22 PM
B
OP Offline
B
This report is of an upcoming visit to BZ in reverse. The events that are about to unfold are true and the names will not be changed even if they are innocent.
Day One Monday May 3rd.
Myself and two companions will be leaving the Great Smokey Mountains via Knoxville Airport and Grill for a Magical Music Tour of AC and Cayo.
We re bringing a sack full of clothes, half pack of cigarettes, electric upright bass, a fiddle, and a guitar or two. We then are off to the "Bush"........ Houston International that is. once we are finished raiding the duty free store of nicotine and libations we are off to BZ.
Once landed in BZ we will run naked through customs to divert the officials attention from our contra-"Band" cd's packed away in various places. Once thru the official rig-a-ma-roll we are off to see my friend of over 13yrs, Mr. Jet.
Jet's bar will be the first encounter for David and Joe with a bottle of Belikin. After being entertained by Jet we will jump the puddle and head to AC for 4 days of pickin, grinnin, sunnin, and funnin. Once landed at San Pedro International
Airport and Skateboard park, we will meet up with Ebbe from Fido's for a limocart ride to our accomodations to be named later. After relaxing for a minute or two we will head off for our show at Fido's Monday night. Stopping by BC's to see Bruce and Charlene will lead to another stop to see Ana at the Pier Lounge which takes us to see Charlie and family at Estelle's next door. After shooting a couple of hoops at the park with some kids we are ready to set up for the evening.
8pm will signal the start of the evenings festivites complete with CountryGrassRockinJazzabilly Tunes combined with audience participation and a Belikin or two. Fiddle man Dave will be besieged by fans adoring his masterful art of fiddling around. Joe will knock them dead with his upright bass playing and tenor vocals while I will transform into the musical maniac known as Bearfoot Gibby. While rocking and footstomping the deck at Fido's we will unveil our new songs from our cd featuring "The Puntabilly Rock", we will then retire into the moonlight and a plate of stewed chicken, rice and beans at the park and kick back a few cold B's on a pier till daylight.......Day two May 4th coming soon......until then I'm Bearfoot Gibby and hope to see you there.

Great read, your reverse report. fun to plan your fun.

Barefoot Skinny will be happy to see you.

Dare To Deviate
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Chloe, I am really looking forward to seeing Skinny and Elisabeth, Ebbe and the gang and jamming the nights away.

ENJOY laugh

Bearfoot, I learned of you and your talents last week, while reading an article featuring Barefoot Skinny in the San Pedro Sun, online.
Tim sure gave you alot of credit in the article.

Great to learn of people I have yet to meet.

Dare To Deviate
The original Bearfoot master returns! Sorry I will miss that one. Have a great trip.

Barb - pickle delivery person of old...

D
D
Hey Gibby, long time no hear! I heard you were doing the country thang out in Dollywood. Hoist a Belly Washa for me! See ya...

B
OP Offline
B
Dallas Dave, Good to hear from you. Ladies and gentlemen, I met this man along with Skinny at JB's on the Western Highway over 10 years ago and we jammed on ratty old flat tops and Tim played a battery operated casio toy keyboard. Such the memories.........

D
D
Hey Gibby, those were the days eh? No power grid on the mainland, Ice hard to find. Remember the gig we did at the Bull Frog in Belmopan? Almost no tourists anywhere in those days. Just hard core viajeros in those days. I'd love to write a book about how Belize was back in '91. So much change in a short amount of time. Hell...We didn't even know about San Pedro back then! Have a great show with the bros. Tell Ebbe he is still an idiot Danish F**K for me....See ya...

Hey Gib, Dave, Chloe! I can't wait! This will be a blast Gibby. I plan to play drums with you Thurs. nite. I have other gigs the other nights. I'll look forward to treating you boys at the Hammock House for lunch. Good to see you're still watchin' Dave.
P.S. Gib, now that you have all these big endorsement guys, do ya think you could bring a bass drum pedal? Or at least a drum key? See ya soon.

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.