Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
OP Offline
W
Hello, All. I like that picture (and name) of Lan Sluder--looks like a genyooine old-school reporter. I'm a journalist, taking a break from the deadline push, with basic questions. My sweetie and I want to go to Belize over Christmas and New Years. Our new travel agent says we're way too late for the deluxe accomodations Michael prefers, and simple/clean is fine with me. I want mellow, not formal. What we really want, besides AC and internet access for him, is to snorkel and see birds, Nature! We're fit, aged 40 and 45, youthful spirits. Agent (who admits she doesn't know much if anything about Belize) says her source reports that the only place left for a week or so at this time is the Sunbreeze. We're not divers--though maybe we could take a course--wonder if this is the right choice for us. I did briefly scope reader reviews at Lan's BelizeFirst; it sounds okay--not great, but okay. I'm concerned it's going to be loud, too close to madding crowds. Anybody know it well enough to say? Can y'all give any guidance of whether we should go for this, at this rather late date for Christmas holiday, or do more e-searching and phoning on our own (next week, after deadline). Thank you very much; how nice that some of you really know this Island and others. Woodsprite (aiming to play Seanymph)

Have stayed at Sunbreeze, and although very popular with some, I did find it noisy. They get a fair amount of divers who don't seem to mind. I was impressed with the room size and it is close to everything (including the airstrip).
You might want to check for alternatives with some of the travel agents that specialize in Belize.

S
S
Our one bedroom Christmas booking just cancelled aa few days ago, and as of right now, its still open. If you are interested in a one bedroom condo you can visit my home page at //www.ambergriscaye.com/paradisevillas/index.html
Its true that most places book up way in advance for the holidays, but cancellations do occur....

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
I'D HIGHLY RECO TRACKING DOWN BARB K OF BARBSBELIZE.COM SHE'LL HAVE SOME IDEAS DUANE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
E
E
Hey Wood, check out Susans place. I know it and think you would like it.

Ditto on the Paradise Villas. Much more than clean/simple. A lovely relaxing place 10 minutes beach stroll from anything you might want.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
i used barb k at barb's belize. she will find you something if you cant on your own. i bet susan's place is nice, give her a try smile

I like Paradise Villas too. Great location, very nice grounds, a refreshing little pool. You'll like it much more than the Sunbreeze, I'm sure. It's just around the corner from a grocery store too.

Last year around this time, I was trying to find acco. And there were many cancellations, so one day I couldn't find anything and the next, I had my pick. However, I still dilly-dallied around until I ended up with no acco for New Year's eve night. Fortunately, I had friends and slept in their room that one night.

So what I'm trying to tell you here is, don't fool around. If this is really what you want to do, make your reservations now!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Paradise Villas is a great place, their pool is one of the nicer ones on the island! And definitely close to town. Just 5 - 10 minutes from all shops and restaurants in San Pedro! Try SusanGG, sounds like a great opportunity.

DEFINATELY a thumbs up on Paradise Villas!! Very nice and very convenient. I would also check into Caribe Island Resort. More secluded and quiet... NICE beach.
Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.