Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#59004 11/13/02 03:30 PM
L
Luis Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi everyone one this board, Luis here from the Banana "Bunch"

On a previous topic, Tropical Girl and Sandy Crab had some good posts on the no-smoking issue at the new Banana Beach Restaurant.

We haven't really decided on this issue as yet, we are looking into making it a non-smoking dining room, because it's central AC.
The patio outside will actually be a very nice area, where the Pizza brick oven and Brazilian Rodizio will be prepared.

Would like to hear from you all on how much of a problem would be to step outside and "light up".

Luis

#59005 11/13/02 06:10 PM
E
E
You can put me down for smoking, drinking,singing, dancing and............ laugh

#59006 11/13/02 06:24 PM
D
D
Luis,

I wouldn't mind steppin out for a smoke.At least I have that option. If a smoking and non smoking section isn't feasible,I think those who choose to smoke should respect that those who don't smoke probably want to dine without smelling and breathing your smoke. Hope the resturaunt turns out great! By the way, am I going to get to eat there this week? cool

Ron

#59007 11/13/02 06:29 PM
E
E
It may be just as easy and comfortable for non smokers to enjoy the fresh air and breezes on the patio.

#59008 11/13/02 10:43 PM
Years ago when I was a smoker I did not see (smell) the big deal. I will admit I saw many PO'd looks from nonsmoking people even in
open air restaurants (Anthony's key, Roatan), now as a nonsmoker I suggest if you can keep the smoke from nonsmokers the better they will like your place. I find smelling cig smoke during dinner nasty mad . Hope that gives a clear breath for the nonsmokers...

#59009 11/14/02 03:35 AM
I like a smoke now and then myself. That said, having a dining experience where I *don't* have to suffer through a smoker at the next table would be a *delight*. It's not like you are banishing the smokers out into the snow and having them huddle around the office building doors to get their fix. You've made a nice area outside and that should be just fine.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#59010 11/14/02 05:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
PUT THEM NON-SMOKING FOOLS OUTSIDE

SHIP IN SOME SNOW FOR THEM

#59011 11/14/02 09:48 AM
As a recent convert to a smokeless lifestyle, but who is married to a smoker (I wanted to get my wind back, and God help anyone around my wife if she can't have a cigarette), I would say put them in an outdoor area where the natural breezes will dissipate the smoke, for the pleasure of the non-smoker nazis. This would be a logical solution for the problem. Myself, I will accompany my wife wherever she has to go. Force the smokers to deal with the balmy breezes and a view to the stars. I find people who complain about others lifestyle choices to often be much more offensive than smokers. If the smoke gets heavy inside, I realize it is a problem to be dealt with as it is an inconvenience to more than just the non-smokers.

Once we get rid of the smokers, we can start on the drinkers and the eaters of rich foods. Where will it end? I don't know, don't care, as I sure as hell won't be there to watch it. Does this seem to be an American thing?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#59012 11/14/02 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
As a non-smoking, (in fact allergic to smoke) person, that's one of my biggest complaints about Belize. Sometimes, the breeze can help, but I also know of at least a couple of nights in Fidos, when I have left because of smoke. (One night there, a table of cigar-smokers were right next to me.... my rice and beans with stewed chicken was wasted).
I like the idea of a non-smoking area, but you won't see me there with the husband, he is a 3 pack a day person. frown So much for being a member of the Non-smoking Nazi's.....

#59013 11/14/02 11:07 AM
In the case of allergies or reactions, I wouldn't consider you to be a nazi, you just have a good self interest. Nothing wrong with that. A smoking area would be a logical conclusion to come to. I do object to relegating the smokers to a "less than desirable" area, which apparently is not the case here. Let's just all get along.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.