Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
pdc Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

We've snorkeled a little before, but a guide for only us sounds like a good idea. I'm in a bit of a fix because I wear glasses. I know Blue Hole rents prescription goggles, and I thought I'd try that. But it sounds like buying my wife a set before we leave is the way to go. Besides, I already have a feeling we'll be back before long.

I appreciate the wine conversation. If we bring it along, it would be a special bottle.

Flying to Lamanai sounds good, but that massage after Altun Ha, hmmm, might be the way to go.

Thanks again

KC Offline
Just my humble opinion, but if you fly to Lamanai, I think you miss the best part of the trip. There is so much to see on that boat ride in!

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
pdc Offline OP
OP Offline
KC,
Do you know if you see the jungle/wildlife on the way to Altun Ha as well?

S
S
Tanisha tours has a wildlife/Altun Ha tour. Most of the wildlife is along the river you navigate in a comfortable boat: tucans, monkeys, lizards, crocs, etc.

T
T
When going to Altun Ha you only get about a one-hour boat ride from the island to Bomba. Most of it is through the open water, but the last 20 minutes is in the Mangroves. Most guides point out the flora and fauna along the way. It is a cool boat ride. Not much in the way of crocs and birds during this tour.

The Lamanai by plane is great because you still get to do the boat ride for an hour and it is the most interesting boat ride as well. The only thing you really miss out on is Bomba and flying through the mangroves. If you are pressed for time do it by air. Either way it is a fantastic trip to see ruins.

Altun Ha is a great trip as well but, not as flora and fauna orientated. The lunch at Maruba and the spa are also a great way to break up the day. Try the Viper Rum....

As for Wine on San Pedro I believe there is a wide selection. And I don't find them over priced. Wine Devine is a great place to find wines that you would not normally try. French and Italian table wines that you might not even find in the US. Belize is the wrong place to come if you want to drink a bottle of your favorite California wine though. Mostly because they would have to be so much more expensive then what you see in the States. Champagne on the other hand is about the same price or less then in the states. Most Stores carry the classics like Vueve and Moet etc... And at wine Devine you can even get some others. You can always drink a bottle of Mondavi in the states, come to Belize and try something different. The other thing about wine in Belize is that you will only get a good selection at a few of the better Restaurants. At places like Casa Picasso, Mamba, Rendezvous, Lagniappe and Capricorn you can actually ask them for something that compares in character and taste and price to something you are used to drinking. I guess there is not much more to say.

Oh. As for bringing a bottle of wine to dinner with you As long as it is a special bottle I don't think it is a problem.

KC Offline
On the boat ride over to the mainland, a school of dolphins followed our boat. While in the mangroves, and before Bomba, Daniel pointed out flora and fauna at every turn. We saw sleeping bats, *several* alligators, birds, and the orchids blooming.

I still say you are missing a lot if you don't go with Daniel on the boat ride.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.