Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THIS PLACE OR HEARD ABOUT THEIR ACCOMODATIONS? THEY ARE RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE-ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Very very basic

kind of like a motel in the USA, with a pool, restaurant and bar.

not super fancy, but quite clean and about a block off the beach. slightly south of town...

great down home cookin'

E
E
bASIC, CLEAN, GREAT FOOD, Good bar, Fun place to stay if you like good music and fun.

If this is in your budget range, Then go for it.
The gals there are great and will make you feel at home. I highly recommend the Hideaway!!! They are great gals from TX!!!!
Rick

I agree with Rick. A great place to hangout. We always frequent the place when in SP.
Richard

only 175 feet from the beach!

I stayed there for almost 3 weeks in Sept/Oct. Joyce and Linda are a lot of fun. Since we had thunder and lightening storms and rain, rain, rain, we spent a lot of time sitting on the balcony. It is a gathering place for Texans. After two weeks I said, "I've hung around you guys so long I'm starting to talk just like you." Whereupon at least four people said, in unison, "No you're not! You didn't say you-all."
The rooms that are rented on a daily basis are small. I rented one of the apartments for a month and had a living room/kitchen with a separate bedroom. I paid the little extra for air-conditioning because it was VERY HOT then. You may not need it in some of the cooler months.
I got up before sunrise every morning, walked across the road (still sand) and up the beach. Depending on how many stops I made to take pictures of the sunrise, I got to Ruby's about the time they opened. In the heat of the day I found the walk too much. shocked
My dive operator (Hustler's) picked me up and dropped me off at the Belize Yacht Club pier. When Sonny wasn't busy I could often catch a ride to or from town on his golf cart. Fritz, another Texan who was staying there, often went to the store or the sausage factory and I could go along with him. Otherwise taxi is $2.50 US one way.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 370 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.