Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#59366 11/23/02 11:33 PM
He din't mean chartering a plane, but just taking the flight from Mnicipal, as Lan suggested; this will cost US 46.50 for a round trip + your taxi.

I agree that when you've travelled all day, it's easier to take the flight from International, than getting the taxi through Belize City, and wait for the next flight.

It's it comes down to the budget.

Live and let live
#59367 11/24/02 12:20 AM
Clarification: (God this seems difficult....LOL)

Plan A: Stay at Belize International and catch a 15 minute flight to San Pedro...$93US, Round trip.

Plan B: All of you leave in a cab ($15-$20US split between you, if you can get a van that will accomodate all 4 of you and all your luggage)...ride 30 minutes to Municipal airport...catch the next available flight...$46.50US, round trip...but then what is your return plan????? Going back to Municipal?...back in the cab?...back to International?

Good grief!!!! LOL Stick to Plan A...don't make it harder than it is....LOL You are trying to DE-stress, right?...not GET stressed! smile

#59368 11/24/02 12:30 AM
Agree

Live and let live
#59369 11/24/02 02:41 AM
D
Doglips Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok, I'm convinced. I'll walk then swim the rest of the way.

I've been going to Mexico quite a bit lately and I've found that they play a game called screw the tourist.

I've found that if you walk three feet to left you can pay half price (or better) for the same thing.

Usually I find out from someone afterwards. It usually takes the form of "Boy you got screwed, don't you know any better". (Which of course I don't.)

#59370 11/24/02 06:46 AM
That's one of the reasons that I don't go to Mexico anymore. And it's not exactly like you can't get screwed in Belize but it's not the same at all and when it happens, ya just don't mind.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#59371 11/24/02 08:56 AM
LOL....true Seashell!
In Belize they give you one of those brilliant white gleaming smiles while they are doing it and all you can do is chuckle and shake your head. It's hard to be mad at someone when they are being so polite about it....LOL smile

#59372 11/24/02 01:55 PM
LOL,

How right you are Sandshaker and Seashell. One night me and my male companion were down on the beach near one of the beach clubs when a young man approched us to buy some of his coconut juice. Sure, we said but my companion did not have change. The guy took my friends $10 and said he would return with the change. LOL - you guessed it, he didnt (at least he left us the coconut - LOL). We just had to laugh and shake our heads because we knew better than to do that. What was even funnier was when we headed home real late that night in the golf cart, who do you think we came across. My friend gave him a tongue lashing as he tried to search for an excuse. Within the next five minutes, we just forgot about after we laughed hesterically(sp) about how you can run but you cannot hide in AC. What fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

#59373 11/24/02 02:26 PM
Doglips,

We just returned from San Pedro about 3 weeks ago. This is what we did for flights:

We took a cab from International that cost us $17.50 US dollars to Belize municipal where we caught a tropic flight over to SP for $26.00 US dollars for a one way flight ($52.00 Roundtrip). We did the same thing going back.

It is $93.00 US dollars (roundtrip)to fly from International over to San Pedro.

Here is the link to Tropic Air
http://www.tropicair.com/

Enjoy,

Lauri

#59374 11/24/02 02:50 PM
Righto. The math (figures rounded) is something like this:

You save around US$40 round-trip per adult flying from Muncipal over International. But it costs US$17.50 each way to take a taxi between the two airports.

For one person, you save essentially nothing.

For two persons, you save around $45, but the extra time and hassle probably isn't worth it unless you're on a tight budget.

For three persons, you save US$85 -- that's starting to add up and buys all three of you a nice dinner with drinks in San Pedro.

For four or five (if you can fit the luggage in one taxi) you save US$125 to $165, which is worth the extra hassle for many people.

When flying to other destinations in Belize, there are some savings by flying from Muncipal but generally not as much on a percentage basis.

Besides, Municipal isn't a bad little place -- just an airstrip by the sea, with an A/C waiting room, and you buy a beer across the street. And the taxi ride gives you a chance to see a little of Belize City (the nicer parts mainly).

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#59375 11/24/02 04:43 PM
I agree with Lan, if you have enough people and don't mind the extra time (figure about an hour - 1 1/2 hrs extra) go to the muni to fly. You see a little of BZ City, save a few bucks and the muni is a hoot! If you are in a hurry to get to AC, fly directly from the int'l. I do think the boat can be a good way to arrive on the island - if you have the time and want to make more of an adventure of it (and the weather is good!) but I usually recommend flying from AC directly back to the int'l for the less hassle and more convenience.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.