Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OP Offline
O
Thinking about going to San Pedro. Wife is a little skitish about the small planes.

Omaha Mark

i think it depends on how many people are on your flight over but i do know that they r all pretty small. i had only flew one time before we went to AC i was so afraid of flying then when i saw the lil plain we were going to get on i was really not looking forward to it but after i was on the plain it was fine and i liked it better than the big one we flew in on. hope this helps a lil . carrie

If your wife does not like small planes (max size 14 seater)go by boat.Some are only 4 seater

But it is a fun trip if you have never done, and the view is grand!!!!
Rick

S
S
Tropic Air Caravans hold about 15-ish passengers. Caravans have one of the top safety records of all planes ever flown and Tropic has the highest maintenace ratings possible by manufacturer inspections (planes are built in Whicita, KS). Beautiful, 15 minute flight - usually very smooth.

These planes are very safe.The pilots are licensed just as they are in the states.For such a short flight it is very enjoyable.

The Tropic Air flight is only about 20 minutes long, a little longer if you stop off at the municipal airport and Caye Caulker. I've flown that stretch on Tropic over 20 times, and I've never felt anything but safe. We even flew on the tiniest plane in very inclement weather, and it was a breeze! The pilots are very used to the conditions. The view is the best, especially heading towards Ambergris Caye!

Took my 12 year old son to Belize a couple years ago.... He literaly turnded pale when he saw the little plane, and I had to push him on. He had a vice grip on the seat. But a minute after we took off, he looked out, and had the time of his life. He loved it. The anticipation of something you're unfamiliar with is the worst of it..... wink

Suggest you get her Hammered in the Airport...she'll love the flight..
The pilots are God's in my book..I got to sit right seat on my flight and had a BLAST! I've flown many times in this Aircraft, they are THE safest in the Air...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
KBG Offline
THE BIG BOYS (COMMERCIAL PILOTS)
ONLY WISH THEY COULD FLY LIKE THESE PILOTS (AND HAVE THEIR RECORDS TO BOOT). GO ON, GO SOON AND FLY WITH EITHER TROPIC OR MAYA AND ENJOY. THE MEN FLYING THESE PLANES HAVE MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN THE PILOT YOU FLEW WITH 3-500 PEOPLE TO BELIZE WITH. wink wink wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.