Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
2 1/2 years ago when I was on A.C. I drank and enjoyed the Long Neck, which I think was the only one available. Last month, the Premier (or Premium, I don't remember which it was called) seemed to be the main one pushed at the bars. I asked one of the bartenders why they didn't have the Long Neck and the reply was, "The boss doesn't carry the Long Neck because there's more profit in the Premier." Anyway, I prefer the taste of the Long Neck. Anyone else????

I found the Premium to have a bit more fizz, cost more, but have a bit larger bottle. I preferred the standard also.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
The fancier, more expensive bars like Ramon's carry only, or mostly, Premium. Regular Belikin, however, is the beer to drink.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
And sometimes, all you need do is ask, and you will get the Regular....don't ask and you may get the Premium.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
L
L
As an Ex-Pat Canadian (where beer drinking is almost a religion!)residing in San Pedro for ten years I feel it my duty to give guests at my B&B Inn my "beer tips" during my welcoming orientation to the island.

I always recommend REGULAR Belikin.

Reasons: best taste, price regulated by the government (my kind of country!), and the 10 oz. as opposed to the 12 oz. size premium or supreme help prevent the beer from "hotting up". To further avoid it "hotting up" I also recommend doing the dangle...i.e. holding it by the long neck rather than the body of the bottle and of course drinking quickly. My other tips are to make sure you wipe the top before you drink because in the heat and salty air rust and/or bacteria can build up under the cap and could cause "the revenge". This is why in bars/restaurants they are served with a napkin.
So my general rule of thumb on ordering is:
ask for REGULAR Belikin - to avoid getting the premium or supreme. If they do not have that ask for Belikin draft. If either of these are not available ...switch to local rum!

Can't believe nobody has even mentioned the 3rd Belikin, the dark or boch! It comes in the same longneck bottle as the regular and has a higher alcohol content than the others,It also has a different color cap if i remember correctly!
Much stronger flavor too! I'm still trying to get the stains out of a tee shirt from last summer!
Richard eek

I completely agree with "latitudes" and Lan.

Regular Belikin is the only way to go, the other "flavors", while a nice marketing ploy, just don't have the "Belikin thing", whatever that may be. Failing that, I usually resort to...well y'all know by now.

Additionally, SWMBO says "hands downs, regular Belikin, won't drink anything else". Nuff said.

CC

I like the dark!!! Give me the stout any day!!!!! laugh

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
Anyone know the actual alcohol content of the regular Belikin? Doesn't seem very high, but I usually drink them too fast to care!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.