Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was eating a Johnnycake at the end of the pier when the Ambergris Divers boat arrived. There were two other divers already on the boat, Cristin and Drew, and of course they got an earful of my Great Blue Hole dive.

Tres Cocos 41 minutes, 87 feet

Well, I didn't see any coconuts, but I did see numerous purple barrel sponges. The best creatures on this reef, however, were the flawless brain corals. Everywhere there were perfect round mounds of brain coral.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a fish suddenly dart away. Now fish do not normally move that fast, unless someone is trying to eat them, so I swam over to investigate. It was a spiny lobster waving his antennae from inside his home that was causing all the commotion. Of course the lobster didn't dare to venture out in the daylight, but he was swinging his antennae with such ferocity, that I didn't blame the little fishes from darting away.

Victoria Tunnels 38 minutes, 98 feet

We swam perpendicular over the spur and groove reef formations. Reef, white sandy valley, reef, white sandy valley. At the bottom of the next reef, there was a dark and dreary tunnel entrance. We glided down toward the opening. It wasn't so dark and dreary so I swam inside and it was fun floating between the jagged walls. In front of the exit, there was a strong down current, so it was a little difficult to gracefully leave the tunnel.
Ascending from the tunnel we approached my final coral reef to dive on this trip. Corals were everywhere with thousands of tiny fish flitting about while glowing neon blue sponges lighted the seascape. As we approached the edge of the reef, I looked down at the sandy bottom and saw the largest fish I had ever seen. There, on the sandy bottom, was a 12-foot nurse shark! This shark was the granddaddy of all sharks. We hovered above him so long, he finally decided to give the tourists a show and slowly swam along the bottom and then up the side of the reef. There was no better way to end my last dive.

Thanksgiving Night

Christin had invited me to share Thanksgiving dinner with her and Drew. It was one of the best Thanksgivings I have had in quite awhile. We had dinner by the sea at a table with a lovely pink tablecloth. (Celi's restaurant.) Ham, turkey, dumplings, stuffing, cranberries, strawberry ice cream and no dishes to wash.
Afterwards, we wondered up to Jambel Jerk Pit. This place was rockin'. The Punta Boys were playing and there was a lady dancer with them. She was fantastic! If you want to learn to Punta Dance, go here.
Later, we dropped off Christin and Drew and I went to, let's all say it together, Fido's. Pineapple Whilly was playing and I met his lovely and friendly wife, Martin (sp?). Another great time dancing until the place closed down.
As Drew and I walked past Central Park I asked, "Do you want to teeter totter?"
"Sure."
That's right folks, on my last night in San Pedro, I was teeter tottering with a wonderful man who, by the way, has the most amazing dimples. Life is good.

I really loved this one!! Thanks for the lovely reporting back...one more to go right?? I watched some lovely ladies doing the Punta dance at a Belizean Wedding, I didn't know that was what is was called till later... What fun!

Jambel's must have expanded? I can't think where they would have had the room for the band. Anyone?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

After reading all your postings, I can hardly wait for the pics. You've done a great job with your writings!! THANKS!! Waiting now on the PICS!!
Rick :rolleyes: :rolleyes: eek wink laugh laugh cool

i'm missing your writing already. now we're going to want a book, us insatiables...

thanks so much...

I'd love to put these together, with some pics when you return, and put the resulting story into our articles about the island section, would Ms. Coconuts be amenable to that?

Ms. C... I'm glad to know that you had so much fun on your own and that you are (sort of) my age. I have a "few" years on you. I was originally planning to travel alone on my trip now planned for February, but a friend spoke up and decided to join. We do run at a bit different paces though, so we will both spend some time solo, I am sure. Reading about your experience definitly sets me at ease.

The only problem is... your writing is so enjoyable and now I'll have to follow that performance if I'm to share my vacation with others! wink

Logistical question for you... It sounds like you wrote these messages after returning home. Is that true?

Thank you SOOO much for telling your story! Like all the others who have responded, you have brightened my day and privided me with wonderful images for my daydreams!! Welcome home.

Ohhh yeaaa... that was good. Ms C. I hope your going some place wonderful for the holidays. We would all love to hear your stories and to all you other secret authors out there. Lets here some of your stories too. You can allmost be there huh?

GREAT POSTINGS!!!!!!
My hats off to you Ms. Coconuts. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Was this your first trip to San Pedro? Any return trip planned yet? I'd love to read about you venturing off to the mainland also. Please return and tell us more....

OP Offline
Seashell, The Punta Boys were playing on the second floor of Jambel's. It was a little crowded, but no one seemed to mind.

Marty, I'm glad you enjoyed the reports. I have really enjoyed writing them. It has helped me readjust to "reality" (yeah, i'm back in Austin). I think it'd be great to have them in the island section, but I have no idea how to get my pics online. frown

Laura, no worries about being alone in San Pedro. Everyone is so friendly you won't be alone long, if you don't want to be. Just be carful about those falling coconuts!

Skullyboy, No good holiday plans. You're the only one with an upcoming San Pedro trip, so i guess it's up to you for a trip report!

Scubatsa, Yep, this was my first trip to San Pedro. I know it won't be my last. I think it'd be amazing to go to Tikal. But ever since i learned to scuba dive about a year and a half ago, i just can't drag myself out of the water.

One more to go! BooHoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.