Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: good places to stay #60061
12/16/02 04:00 PM
12/16/02 04:00 PM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline

Marty  Offline
Personally, we love caribbean villas, incredible grounds, great folks. lovely villas.

Re: good places to stay #60062
12/16/02 04:11 PM
12/16/02 04:11 PM
Texas/Belize
Miss Anthropy Offline

Miss Anthropy  Offline
While I have never stayed at the Hideaway, I've visited it a few times and did not find it particularly depressing in any way. I like Banana Beach-it is on the quiet side, is very well managed and has gorgeous suites, pool, views, etc. Great prices too, and its in a great little neighborhood with a tienda and inexpensive eating places.

Re: good places to stay #60063
12/16/02 05:18 PM
12/16/02 05:18 PM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
Banana Beach will give you monthly rates as well. Contact them directly. Pricier than Hideaway but much nicer accommodations.

Re: good places to stay #60064
12/16/02 05:44 PM
12/16/02 05:44 PM
Asheville, NC USA
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Lan Sluder/Belize First  Offline
Believe Tim at Banana Beach said he was charging US$900 a month without utilities and US$1300 a month with utilities. That's for a spanking new one-bedroom suite with kitchen, fully furnished. Not cheap but at around US$42 a day including utilities it isn't bad for a short-term rental on a resort island.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Re: good places to stay #60065
12/16/02 08:03 PM
12/16/02 08:03 PM
Alberta Canada
Billy-Bob Offline

Billy-Bob  Offline
Has anyone stayed at the Mayan Princess Hotel ?
It is called a hotel but it looks like all rooms have a view with a balcony and are all suites the
two week rate is $65.nght plus 7 % and plus 10%
gratuity ????

Re: good places to stay #60066
12/17/02 09:56 AM
12/17/02 09:56 AM
C
Colorado Palms Offline

Colorado Palms  Offline
C
What a great message board - we are long-time readers but new posters. We find web sites and message boards invaluable when planning excursions and this is one of the best thanks to the multiple input. And it's so nice for people to swap their preferences maturely - we all have our "druthers."

I wanted to add thoughts on Caribbean Villas. Our trips over the years have been built around tropical settings including the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaiian Islands, south Pacific islands and far eastern seashores. San Pedro is the destination we have most frequented for its beauty, people and size. And yes, we have had accomodations that were newer and more upscale than Caribbean Villas for the same price range, but we've never had a better total experience anywhere than Caribbean Villas. This small resort has a long standing staff that give personal attention and seem to really enjoy their vacationers; the owners live on the property and take care of their vacationers along with the staff; this is the last property we've seen in or near San Pedro Town not built to fill all the available land, it must be over an acre that is left wooded with flowering plants and birds and wildlife; the pier, hammocks, grills, hot tubs, bikes, tour bookings all help us have a rounded vacation. No place is for everybody, but we love it there. If you read this board and have never been to San Pedro, try it - the people and the sea will captivate you! Thanks again to all you posters here.

Re: good places to stay #60067
12/17/02 10:35 AM
12/17/02 10:35 AM
Asheville, NC USA
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Lan Sluder/Belize First  Offline
Billy-Bob,

I've stayed at Mayan Princess a couple of times. It's a good place and an excellent value. It's one of the older condos on the island, but well-maintained and well-run. The location couldn't be more convenient, right in the middle of Front Street. The units have a nice tropical feel, with great views of the water. It does not have a pool, though.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Re: good places to stay #60068
12/17/02 11:23 AM
12/17/02 11:23 AM
Pedro1 Offline
Pedro1  Offline
Jesus I agree with Lan.This is the place I would stay as the condos are huge studios which are really well designed(bedroom,kitchen,sittingroom,balcony,sea).No pool but if you buy drinks at Ramons you can use theirs.

Re: good places to stay #60069
12/17/02 04:13 PM
12/17/02 04:13 PM
nyc
S
sgoldsmi Offline

sgoldsmi  Offline
S
I am also looking for a nice place to stay for 4/5 nights in late Feb. I have heard good things about the Journey's End, but also about some others North of the town. Is it bad being so far away from the San Pedro Town? Does anyone have any recomms either on the Journey's End hotel or others? Much appreciated....

Re: good places to stay #60070
12/17/02 05:35 PM
12/17/02 05:35 PM
Falls Church VA
Axeman Offline

Axeman  Offline
Sgoldsmi, Depends on several needs...
Single or with family? If your looking for a total get away the north side might be cool. You will be hampered timewise on the north side due to the hand ferry that gets you to town. The good news up there is NO CABS or CARS to run you over.

As a single guy I prefer staying close to town so I can hang out late if I want. I also like being able to walk to several places to eat...
Up north I highly suggest you budget in a Golf Cart to get around unless you plan to hang out at your hotel.($65 US a day I think) Or you can ride a bike(Which is what I do).
The dive shops will pick you up at JE so thats not an issue.
Anywhere you stay in AC is paradise as far as I'm concerned.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
May
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 206 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,344
Posts488,054
Members19,872
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.