Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
We will be in Ambergris a month from now. WE've got our airline tickets to Belize city, but not to Ambergris caye. When and how do we get tickets for this short flight?

J
J
Originally posted by pkate98:
We will be in Ambergris a month from now. WE've got our airline tickets to Belize city, but not to Ambergris caye. When and how do we get tickets for this short flight?
Hi, I will be going there also Jan 20-27. Once you get to airport just hop on charter flight to AC ,no advance notice necessary or take taxi or bus to Muni airport and do same thing. Have Fun

I'm afraid John is mistaken - most flights from International to San Pedro are not "charter" - they are regular commercial flights on either Maya-Island Air or Tropic Air.
After clearing customs and immigration go to the ticket lobby and buy a seat on the next available flight. If you are coming in late in the day, it is a good idea to have a reservation. These local airlines watch arrivals of international flights and wait for you if the "big" plane is late.

You can purchase tickets for either airline in advance if you like at:

www.tropicair.com
www.mayaislandair.com

P
pkate98 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
what is considered a late flight? We depart from Houston at 2pm - not sure how long the flight is. I am guessing it is 2-3hours.

If you are leaving Houston at 2:00 p.m. this time of year, you may want to advance purchase through tropic air's online site so that they know you are going to be aboard and will get you over to the island on the next available after you land and clear customs. You will probably just make the last one over at 5:45 or so. They cannot land in san pedro after dark due to lighting issues.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Not true! The strip has lights and planes land well after dark. They accomodate all passengers from all arriving airlines every day!

In Belize City, sure they do. I'm talking about getting a flight over to san pedro from Belize City. The airstrip at SP does not accommodate all flights at all hours. The air strip will not capaciate a small jet, or a large one for that matter. I don't recall any commercial flights landing in SP after 6:00 p.m. or so in any regard.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'll say it again! The San Pedro Airstrip has lights so that Tropic and Maya Island are able to accomodate pasengers arriving at International on all flights. No one gets left on the mainland.

Well, okay then, agreed! But it is still true that the last flight of the day coming from Belize City lands in SP by 6 or so. And its also true that nobody gets left behind, which is one of the wonderful cool things about Belize generally speaking. Maya and Tropic will always be sure that each passenger they are expecting makes it onto a flight. LOVE THAT!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.