Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Doing your homework prior to the trip is fun and informative. If you happen to forget something, don't worry about it. Paradise Villas is a nice place, beautiful grounds and pool, quiet and secure and homey. Good location, just a few minutes walk to anywhere you might want to go. If you do need something from the grocery store, you can be there in two minutes, and the price differential is usually less than the trouble of packing and bringing. Great lunches next door at Paradise Resort, right on the beach, or for a quick beer. Note, if you plan on having a few Belikins in the house or on the grounds, have a case delivered to your room and put in the fridge prior to your arrival. Much cheaper. Good breakfasts at Lily's (couple minutes down the beach), or my favorite, Estels, another couple minutes. Don't miss Papi's Diner about a 10 minute slow walk north for dinner. Best Lobster around (in my opinion). Also try the Reef, good food reasonable. Don't worry about the street vendors, or the kids selling food items, not aware of anyone ever having a problem. Go down, leave your worries at home and enjoy yourself. You have to experience it to see why there are so many of us that speak so highly of it. I envy you your upcoming trip. Also, do yourself a favor and eat things you've never eaten before.
Regards, Bob

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Eat the miniature coconut pies the lady sells on the streets. They are so good!

You just had to mention those.....wonderful coconut tarts......I need 4 right now.

Dare To Deviate
I know Chloe, aren't they the best? And they're nice and warm, flaky... smile

S
S
Recommend you try the new grocery store next to the new Castillo's hardware store near your villas - better prices and good selection. Ask the villas' desk - they will know the name of it - it's the non-pink grocery store. Also, recommend you eat at Los Cocos restaurant just around the corner from the grocery store - small, hole-in-the wall with great fried whole fish, fish fillets, pork chops, stewed chicken... with rice and beans - usually about $4US or less per plate; lobster and shrimp will cost much more. Happy time!

About dressing up on holidays - Tourists tend to be the ones who don't dress up. Belizeans and other residents will definitely take the opportunity to dress to excess with glitter, spandex, sequins, etc. (at least for the ladies). If you are considering Mata Chica for New Year - definitely dress up - the flashier the better actually. There are a lot of places for women to buy such outfits right here on the island - suggest stopping in at Mambo Chill for some super fashions. For men - a nice shirt with buttons and clean shorts with a belt will be considered dressy enough.

Bonefishing is good from middle of Nov to middle of April (no problem on finding guides then).

i enjoy the mountain grown coffee that i drink in ac much better than my folgers here at home. leave the columbian brew home in the states. diane made a good point - it's a holiday celebration, but, i want to say NO heels or hose for the ladies.
gay

Thanks Pedro that explains the bonefishing.
Hubby was trying to find a guide to bonefish in June and August. Now we know.

Dare To Deviate
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.