Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60369 12/20/02 01:14 PM
J
John H. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I will be on AC a couple of miles south of town during the Christmas/New Year holiday and am interested in some fishing information. I will be fishing the flats with a guide for a couple of days but am also interested in fishing on my own, without the aid of a boat. How hard is it to get to the lagoons on the back side of the island and is it possible to wade the edges and fish with a fly rod?
Was also wondering if I should bring a throw net for bait?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

#60370 12/20/02 03:44 PM
T
T
TEST

#60371 12/20/02 03:45 PM
rdb Offline
John, is it possible in theory? Yes. Is it practical, no. There are a few areas on the back side the are wadable. They are small and get the occasional fish, but to get to flats that are worthwhile, you just gotta have a boat.....

#60372 12/20/02 03:50 PM
T
T
Well if you are going to be fly fishing you will not need much in the way of bait. That means you will not need a throw net.

You can wade in the lagoons on the south end of the island around boca Ciega. They are very shallow and the bottom is usually very soft and muddy. You will want to keep an eye out for crocs.

Also you can try some fly fishing on the sea side of the south end as well. Nice sandy and shallow waters make it perfect for Snapper and bone fish.

Happy fishing

#60373 12/20/02 05:14 PM
If you get up around 7 seas resort try fishing the "cut". I was there for 18 days in September and fished there almost daily. We started around 4:30pm and fished till 8.(don't forget your flashlight) Sardines are cheap to purchase, Just ask around. We went bonefishing also and loved it but relaxing at the cut with the local fisher"persons" (some were women) was wonderful. We gave away our catch every night and they were very thankful. The local kids are helpful also. but be warned, You will draw a group of kids wanting to assist you!!!! Bring extra hooks also. That's what we gave the kids who helped us. (along with some extra line also) Plus tackle can get expensive. So it doesn't hurt to bring extra

Good Luck!!! smile smile smile

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.