Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60412 12/23/02 03:44 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello,
I must say you all are very nice people and very informative, thank you for your time, six of us will be in AC January 5 to January 12, WE CAN'T WAIT!!! (first time) We are staying at Ramon's. I think you have answered most of my questions, but, a lot of people seem to talk about bringing bug spray, cortaid, etc. are the mosquito's that bad even at the resort?? We are from Kansas, so that doesn't bother us, i guess just curious.
I also was wondering the highs and lows i have read are 60's for lows and 80's for highs, is this correct? What time do the bars at Ramon's close, is there somewhere else to go after that, {we probably won't care, but) haha ?? Last but not least, also just curious how much are the beers at Ramon's? Thanks for any and all information and to all, Happy Holidays!!!!!

#60413 12/23/02 04:23 AM
Hola,

I enjoyed reading your post about a group of you going to Belize. I think for every question you might get at least 2-3 different responses. The Mosquitos can be pesky, but my experience of living in Belize for 6 months continuously is they come and go. So there are times of year or weather related times when the pests are not as bad. I remember having a go-round with what we called "the doctor fly" for me it was FAR WORSE than any other pest! Make sure you take the high powered repellents just in case. One good thing if you are under the water or sailing high you won't have nearly the problem as lounging around standing water or heading into the jungle.

Regardless of the little pests you will have a wonderful time if you let it happen! Soak in the beauty of BELIZE!!

Enjoy!! wink

#60414 12/23/02 02:42 PM
S
S
Bug repellent and first aid creams are quite expensive in San Pedro compared to the US, as well as suntan cream. Also, recommend you bring film and/or disposable cameras from the US if you are photo people; quite expensive in San Pedro also. Have a great time!

#60415 12/23/02 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mexicana:
Hola,

I enjoyed reading your post about a group of you going to Belize. I think for every question you might get at least 2-3 different responses. The Mosquitos can be pesky, but my experience of living in Belize for 6 months continuously is they come and go. So there are times of year or weather related times when the pests are not as bad. I remember having a go-round with what we called "the doctor fly" for me it was FAR WORSE than any other pest! Make sure you take the high powered repellents just in case. One good thing if you are under the water or sailing high you won't have nearly the problem as lounging around standing water or heading into the jungle.

Regardless of the little pests you will have a wonderful time if you let it happen! Soak in the beauty of BELIZE!!

Enjoy!! wink
Con mucho gusto Mexicana ! I agree with you about the Doctor Flies. My wife and myself used to live in Lucky Strike Village near Altun Ha on the northern road. We fought against the doctor flies, short jacket flies, and bottle arse flies. Cutters is great, and there used to be a "jungle-juice brand", helped quite abit. Mel S..."by the way,Feliz Navidad a los todos !"

Mel Sinderman
#60416 12/23/02 04:30 PM
Gracias!!

Feliz Navidad TODOS!!! wink

#60417 12/24/02 12:39 PM
D
D
T IN BELIZE,

My wife and I are also from Kansas, Prairie Village to be exact. We were there Nov. 14th- Dec. 5th this year. The temp was 70's at nite 80's in the day. The water temp was 82, perfect for diving with a 3mm shorty. The bar at Ramon's is the Purple Parrot. I don't know how much a beer costs at the bar, but you can, and should ask the front desk to have a case of Belikens delivered to your room. There is a refundable deposit on the crate and the bottles. The actual cost for the beer is $19 US and delivery is free.
Do bring bug spray with DEET, The bugs are really only bad at surise/sunset and when the wind is not blowing (That hardly ever happens). You are within walking distance of all of the downtown resturants an bars. Have a great trip!!!

Ron laugh

#60418 12/24/02 01:07 PM
We were in AC in November and last year for Camp Jerry Jeff...had a great time! Weather was perfect (80s in day , 60s at night). Diving was great (80 degree water with good vis). The best concert in my opinion was the first on on the beach at Ramons...a perfect way to begin a great week in San Pedro. Make sure you go to BCs and have a drink with Ernie the world's greatest bartender!!

#60419 12/24/02 01:09 PM
Hey there diveron! We too are divers from your neck of the woods...Fairway to be exact! Great to hear from a fellow Kansan!
Nancy and Brian

#60420 12/27/02 01:10 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi Ron,
Nice to hear from someone in Kansas. Thank you for your response. Are you going back soon? Once again thanks for the info!! Happy New Year

#60421 12/27/02 01:20 AM
T
OP Offline
T
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY!!!
We will definately be packing the OFF, like i said we are freom Kansas, so i have some to spare (haha). I can't wait to be kickin back in Belize, this is a 40th birthday present for my husband, he has been a Jerry Jeff Walker fan for years, and i could not think of a better way to celebrate it.(his b-day is in July and we booked in Feb. so we have been waiting along time) from what i have seen well worth the wait!! anyway wont keep you thanks again for the info!!! Happy New Year!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.