Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
With all the interest of everyone on this message board there should be a group of us that are willing to put together an investment group and make this dream we all share a reality....think about it!

Y
Y
What did you have in mind? A little elaboration may generate some interest, I'm sure. Its a great idea, though.

K
K
Actually I agree, I was in Ambergris a little over a year ago, and since have been collecting funds to "make my dream come true" I have come to the conclusion that an investment group is the best way to go.

In a nutshell here it is, you get three people that are willing to raise 300 thousand dollars total or 100 thousand each. However you raise it is up to you, for me it would be 50 thousand from me, and another 50 thousand from a friend of mine.

Once you have the money raised, you go shopping, you can look at some of the properties right here on this web-site. For arguements sake, lets say we find an Ocean Front Home for 500 thousand. We put 125 thousand down and finace the balance. The 175 thousand left over we use as cash reserve. Obviously to make the payments, up-keep, advertising, phone, electricity..etc.

You could probably get an 8% finance. This means that the three of us would be financing 375 thousand dollars at 8% interest. Basically 2700.00 a month? Some where in there. Lets say the utilites and up-keep cost another 1300.00 a month, of course this is way to much, but stick with me here. I want to over-estimate instead of the other way. So that means we would have enough monies to cover our-selves for the next four years.

Now the idea here is obviously rent out this place...and you have to figure, you have a four year cussion. You can look on this web-site and find Houses half as big as the one I have in mind that rent for an average of 1600.00 a week. Ours could go for around 2000.00 a week.

So it doesent take a math wiz to figure out that in order for the property to pay for itself, we would have to rent it out 6 months of the year. Which in my opinion is very do-able.

After that the place for the most part pays for itself, and it is not out of the realm of possibilties to suggest that as Belize continues to grow in popularity, the prices will increase. 15 years from now, we have a huge house right on the Ocean in Paradise and it's going for 5000.00 a week?

Ahhhh how sweet that is. Of course as the three owners, we each get a week--or two--or three--at our place...all this and just one question left.

Can you raise 100 thousand?---I can.

Koz

Have you checked out Playa Blanca Dive & Beach Resort? Their web page says they sell partial ownership in beachfront casitas with 100% financing (10% over 10 years, a fair rate in this market). May be a way for you to accomplish your goal without the bother and the potential problems of dealing directly with other investors. Just a thought.

To Koz from Denver - I suppose you have your financing lined up at 8%? Unless you can convince someone to take back a mortgage, I doubt that you will find any financial institution in or out of Belize that will lend that kind of money to unrelated parties.

Y
Y
KOZ, besides utilities, there are other expenses that need to be considered. Maintenance, security, commission, taxes, furniture and fixture, insurance, management company's fees, etc. And monthly payment for $375M for 10 years at 10% is $4,955.65. Second, if you think that you can keep that house rented at $2,000/week for a 6 month period in AC, I think you are mistaken. Remember, you are attracting the elite upscale crowd. Now look at the occupancy levels of the hotels in AC. On an average, between 40% and 50%. This is for the hotels that provide moderate rates, prox under $125/night (average) who offer full service including restaurant, bar, etc. Put these numbers in your equation and you will probably end up spending the savings in the first year and start funding from your pocket from year 2. Not to splash cold water over your idea, this is just plain reality.

I have not activly promoted the development plan at Playa Blanca Dive & Beach Club on the message board mainly because I did not want to get dragged into the Basil Jones stuff that was going on last year I wanted to get some of mine built and rented for the owners prior to really coming out and telling people about it.

The investment group idea is a good one but why go into all that debt and use all your own money if your only goal is just to have a place to stay here on Ambergris and get into the rental market.

The Playa Blanca Beach Club is offering FRACTIONAL ownership and offering NO MONEY DOWN 100% financing at 10% interest over 10 years starting at just $396.60 cents per month.
You can have a 1/4, half or full interest in an income producing Beach Cabana.

We already have happy owners that are receiving rental revenue from the first completed one with 3 others close to finishing, we are initially only building 7 and will then concentrate on building the occupancy before we add 3 additional units.

As you have seen here on Ambergris it is most peoples dream to have a place here but its getting extremely expensive to realize that dream, my idea was to offer an affordable alternative which is affordable to 99% of people by offerng a fractional ownership in whats considered a very desirable rental unit in addition providing me with funds to complete the development of the resort..

Since I am a small already established resort and have been in the diving business here for more than 10 years it gives potential interested parties a great opportunity to profit from my name and exposure plus visit Ambergris each year and stay in there Cabana (AT ABSOLUTELY NO COST) for 2 full weeks and rent the remainder of there time and make an income from it.

Please feel free to post questions or e-mail me at [email protected]

S
S
Reality check: Going into any kind of business (let alone one involving a hundred thousand clams!) with "partners" you do not know very very well is very very risky and ill advised. If you think divorces are nasty, try dissolving a business partnership.
Reality check: No US bank or financial institution is going to "finance" property in Belize. If you want someone to loan you money with property in Belize as the sole collateral, you are stuck with banks in Belize. Interest rates are NOT 8%...try 13, 14, 15 and UP, with at least a third and up to half down. During the 10 years we financed our condos with the Belize Bank, our rate was usually 16-18%. And at the end of the mortgage they tried to scam us out of $15K, we had to hire a lawyer and "negotiate" this money we never owed. (Yeah, we "made a deal...")
Reality check: Yes, you can get some sellers to "finance" your property for you. But you do not have the same level of "ownership" if you do this...in fact, you are not the "owner" at all until every penny is paid. While you have some protection during the "finance" period, it is not as in the US. Caveat Emptor! Better see a lawyer.
Furthermore: Here comes "Deniece" proposing to a bunch of people that don't even know her that they should GIVE HER MONEY to "invest."
Ha ha ha!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
E
E
Considering the fact that beach front runs approx. $1400.00 per foot, a 75' frontage ? One hundred grand (US)

Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
My, now wasn't that a Pandora's Box! However, it certainly did spawn some interesting thought. Thought is the beginning of any new endeavor. Koz from Denver, your idea sounds plausible, however the rental market isn't what interest me in Belize. Yet, it is a great idea if you can work out the financing. With the right promotion you know as well as I know that 6 mos. occupancy, at those rates, is feasible. Its done all the time right here in the states, at lesser paradises than Belize, ie: Nags Head NC. And for clarification purposes; Denice is not proposing that anyone "give" her anything. Nor, would Denice go into a business relationship with any individuals without first establishing a working relationship and certainly performing all relative background checks. I may be an idealist and lack a certain amount of cynicism however, I am not a fool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.