Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OP Offline
O
Well I just arrived home on Thursday and wanted to update everyone on the opening of El Divino-Caribbean Restaurant and Martini Lounge at Banana Beach Resort.

The opening was on December 23, 2002, at that time it was only open to hotel guests,for the first couple of days,basically a trial run for the staff.They were a little nervous the first day, but they did fine. Towards the third day they started to loosen up a bit and did an excellent job.

Service is beyond compare by Carmen,Chino,Sergio,Jamie and the others in the restaurant .Pretty much your coffee cup,your water glass or your drink,never reached the half way mark without someone filling it up.

Now on to the food, they were working with a limited menu, for these days.

Breakfast : eggs(benedict or rancheros),omelets,banana pancakes,steak,bacon,ham,sausage,country potatoes,toast,english muffins,fry jacks.

Lunch: salads,chicken sandwiches,burgers,quesadillas and brick over pizza.

Dinner:There was a different special everynight,but the El Divino special was from the Brazilian Rodesio which included ham,pork,chicken,sausage and beef sliced from a skewer(by Marlon and Jeremy) at your table served with freshly made rolls,garlic mashed potatoes and vegetable melody.There is also a brick oven for pizzas.

New Years Eve special was a beautiful presentation of lobster,steak,garlic mashed potatoes,vegetable melody,apple-walnut salad and ice cream cake.

The bar is fully stocked and they make the best Banana Coladas and Pina Coladas, I have ever tasted. The Martinis come in alot of colors and flavors. The Cosmos are also very good.Thanks to the bartenders-Pablo,Adalita and Josh.

The prices are very reasonable,air conditioning,service with more than a smile,the decor of the dining area and the lounge, there is also outdoor dining available as well as valet golf cart parking by Wapo and seating by Rosa.

Well I think that I said enough, the rest is on you to visit the newest dining area on the island.

Dustin and Louis-you have a real winner here, keep it up.

Just another addition to the already excellent Banana Beach Resort.

Congratulations Tim and the rest of the Banana Bunch!!!

All the best,
Jackie

Thanks Marty!

here's some pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Marty, I love the Pics, but can you tell us who we are looking at in the last photo?

Also I got a fab idea by looking at the resaurant seating area for Re-decorating my kitchen. I had already decided on yellow for the wall color but couldn't make up my mind on boarder paper or deco-trim. Since I am going Tropical with my palms and Banana trees the Blue boarder idea strikes my fancy just right!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting photos!!!
Mexicana wink smile wink

dats gonna have to come from Jackie! she'll be around soon...

more pics coming too, but later tonite

The new restaurant and bar looks fantastic. I think I could be very comfortable inside or out.

Congrats Tim and staff. Another welcome addition to AC in fine style. I hope one day to find myself partaking of your good food and drink.

Jim

**Jim
O
OP Offline
O
The bottom picture would be:
Yesenia(BB girl),Dustin(El Divinos main man),Dorka(BB girl),Ava(BB girl),Sandra(Miss July 2003 on the Belikin calendar and manager or Monkey Business Travel Shop),Louis(2nd main man of El Divino) and Tony Montana(manager of Lilys).

Jaquie Divine would be proud, humbled and the boss if she could have been there to see that.
I miss you dahlin'
Tim--La Davina~????
wink
Jim

[ 01-04-2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Jaquie Devine : Tim always had a hard time with his Spanish and Jim rarely spells my name right]

Jim
here's a few more!
Thanks Jackie!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks and sounds GREAT!!! Can't wait to be there. Only 23 LONG days to wait and we are there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.