Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60871 01/06/03 12:28 PM
S
OP Offline
S
My wife and I are planning our first trip to Belize and plan to stay on ambergris island. I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for hotels. We will be staying between 10-12 nights. We would be travelling from late June to early July. We are looking for nice and reasonable. Would you suggest a preference of what part of the island to stay on...South, North, in the city, etc. BTW - I have been told that is rainy season...how much rain actually falls.

Please give as much info as possible.

Thanks

#60872 01/06/03 12:56 PM
B
B
need more info--likes & dislikes, budget, etc.

#60873 01/06/03 01:07 PM
O
O
Banana Beach,south of town about a 20 minute walk along the beach, a 5 dollar US taxi ride. Now with the restaurant and bar and travel shop on the property, everything is pretty well right there.It is also right on the beach and air conditioning in every room,plus queen and king size beds.
June-July is off season so rates are pretty well reasonable.
Take a look at my website and email me if you have any more questions.
[email protected]

Jackie

#60874 01/06/03 01:19 PM
S
OP Offline
S
We are pretty open. Being Canadian and knowing our dollar sucks, our weak dollaar is always an issue but something around the $100US mark, I guess. We want something that is nice by the beach with a Queen or King Bed. I do not know if Air conditioning is really necessary (is it?). I have been sent info from numerous hotels like the Playador, Capt. Morgan's retreat, Portofino and the Yacht Club to name a few. I have been so overwhelmed with info I dizzy and would like some help.

#60875 01/06/03 04:45 PM
S
S
Yes, all the info gets crowded before the first visit. My recommendation is go south of town where it is quieter and still only a 10-15 minute walk to town and stay at a small resort with less people and noise. Top personal preference is Caribbean Villas Hotel: only 10 rooms and suites on 2 acres of land with long-time staff who are very guests focused, bird sanctuary, hot tubs, free bikes, hammocks, pier with swimming and snorkeling area. Their rooms and 1 bedroom suites are very reasonable, especially in the summer; ask for 10% off if you book directly. The resort does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies, so you get objective recommendations and in some cases cheaper prices. They have a dive arrangement with Amigos del Mar dive shop. Owners live on the property and are involved in the daily operation. They have a web site with link under "Lodging" above. No matter where you stay, I think you will have a great time and you can visit all the places you considered as you tour the island and be set for your next trip. Happy times there and Happy New Year...

#60876 01/06/03 04:48 PM
S
S
PS,

I think the fall is really considered the rainy season. The summer rains are generally from tropical waves that pass over in 1-3 days and normal summer showers. Probably a low risk time for weather problems in June/July.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.