Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
OP Offline
V
Hello everybody!! This website is soooo cool!! My wife and I are going to AC in early April and just can't wait. We are new to this site and would love to hear some things about the island. How is the weather in early April? We are staying at the Captain Morgan Resort. Any feed back on this place? Everyone who has posted so far has had nothing but excellent things to say about the whole island which is getting us that much more excited to leave TODAY!!! Any advise about anything down there would be great...thanks!!!!!

S
S
Happy first trip. April is in the "dry" season, so probably less chance of rain. Generally good weather month, I think. Can be spring breezy winds some days with still a chance of a US cold front blowing into there for a few days. Great snorkeling with Alfonse Graniel, L'il Alfonse above under "Goods and Services" drop down menu, 614-5450, 226-3537 - he's super with animals and people; fishing with Ramon or Severo Guerrero, 226-2325, 226-2324 for fun, great food and muchos fish. Nice walk from Cpt. Morgans to Sundiver Beach Resort for lunch and/or dinner at their restaurant. Take suntan lotion and film and underwater cameras and Sam's Club AT&T phone card - will save you $ from San Pedro prices. Have a great first trip!

B
B
We visited AC from April 14 to 24 last year. Weather was windy and hot. No more than a sprinkle in the entire ten days and then only twice. We took tons of bug spray and didn't need it even once. I suspect we got lucky on that issue but I'm sure the wind had much to do with it. Enjoy your trip!

V
OP Offline
V
Very very cool!! We are so excited to go!! We are taking the Air tropic flight from Belize City to San Pedro. Any problems there?? Counting down the days...

No problem anywhere with the commuter airlines....sit in the jump seat....you'll love it!

Grace DeVita
Severe envy. Should be no problem. Get off the plane, through the door, clear immigration. Pick up the bags, clear customs. There will be guys there with carts to take your bags through the door right to the Tropic Air counter. Tip them a few bucks, it beats trying to wrestle the bags through the small terminal and small crowd that accompanies each arrival. Stand in line, get your tickets and check your bags. Go into the waiting room and wait for your flight to be called. Have a Belikin at Jets. Prepare yourself for a fun flight to a great place to relax and enjoy yourself. Kick back, you should be on island time by then.
You've probably notice all the lists of best restaurants, all good. You've never seen a list of the worst, as you would have to really try to find one that isn't good. These people know how to do food. Most of the snorkel and dive operators are very good, and prices pretty competitive.
Keep your eyes open, a smile on your face, and leave your troubles behind you. Eat things you've never eaten, talk to people. Absorb as much as you can, this is a special place. Your vacation here may just set the standard for all vacations to come.
cool smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Bobber, you said it perfectly. You are right... my past trips to AC are now the standard, and no place has yet to surpass it. If someone needs to relax and recharge, they've traveled to the right place. My perma-smile lingered for months after each visit.

When you get there. Don't go to the bar at the hotel, too expensive. Go to the Holiday Hotel and ask for Kristian at the bar. He is a great bartender. Have fun on your trip.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.