Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#61054 03/05/03 04:56 PM
I
I
River Shark - I saw that listing just a couple days after it aired. frown
I wonder if there is a way to order a copy?
That will be my project for the afternoon...

#61055 03/05/03 06:05 PM
No.
They told me it was not formatted for sale. That was the Discovery.Com folks.

I'm leaving town for a few days. I'll check back on Monday to see whatsup.

See Ya Then

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
#61056 03/11/03 01:06 PM
I
I
Hey River Shark - you back yet?
Does that mean they will never format it for sale or it just hasn't happened yet?
It would be fun to have a copy earlier than April...
Oh well 51 days!

#61057 03/11/03 01:43 PM
D
D
I checked out that video, along with a few others on Belize, from my library. You might see if yours carries it also.

#61058 03/13/03 10:59 AM
Islenutt

Sorry I did not see your post 'till today.
I don't know about the library thing, but that would be cool if they had it.

The Travel/Discovery Channel people did not say. I called a number I found on their web site for information and that's when they gave me the next date - 4/29/03 for airing.

They do have a schedule for March on the webiste: http://travel.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=71926&gid=1061

We now video tape each day and view them each night after work.

Tonight they are showing the BVI where they will dive on the RMS Rhone (been there done that in 2001). That will be cool to see. It went down in a hurricane and all but a handfull of crew and 1 passanger survived. And it's not but 100 or so yards from the island they ran up on. Actually they ran up on a huge black rock on the outer edge of Salt Island.

If this is the same show I saw a couple of years ago they will meet an old man who sends a couple of pounds of salt to the queen each year for allowing him to live on Salt Island all alone. We met him while we were doing our surface interval betweens dives - that was pretty cool.

We also saw a private boat called the "Blue Guitar". Don't know for sure but our captain said it was Eric Clapton's boat. We never saw Eric but we saw a few folks take the digny out to the Rhone to dive.

We're looking forward to today's show. It comes on at 1:30pm CST.

#61059 03/17/03 06:25 PM
E
E
Hi Isenutt, talk about not paying attention smile

I am flying American and leave Dallas at 12:51pm. May 2nd, staying until the 10th. Are you flying out of Los Angeles?

If you are on that flight we should meet, it would be nice to talk to someone who's been there before.

Looking forward to seeing everything there.

Going to hop on my Harley and make a run out to Death Valley first.

Hasta luego,

Gene

#61060 03/17/03 08:40 PM
I
I
Eracsder - I don't feel so bad about not paying attention. :rolleyes:
It looks like there is a group of us on the same flight from DFW! I am out of SFO for the first leg.
River Shark and his wife are on the DFW to BZE flight also. Flight 2193 at 12:46 pm.
Are you flying from BC to San Pedro or taking the water taxi?
We will have to figure out a way find each other either at the airport or on the plane. Shouldn't be to difficult... I will be the one giggling out of control as we get close to Belize!

River Shark - I couldn't find the video at my library. confused

#61061 03/18/03 12:20 PM
Islenutt,
Not to fear.
We have a hold put on it at our library and it's due back yesterday. So we should see it in a few days. When I get it I'll let you know. I may be able to copy and send it to you if you want me to. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

Eracsder & Anyone else from the board,
We will have an un-organized group meeting of board members at the gate at DFW. Look for the River Shark - the guy wearing a "JAWS" looking t-shirt - you can't miss it. The wife works for OU, so you guessed it, we'll have on our OU apparel too.

Maybe we can meet and plan on doing some cool stuff on the island. The wife and I dive, so our days are somewhat booked - but there are days we won't dive and there's always the nights to get together and talk about the days adventures over cold Belkins and Rum Punch. And it sounds like we will have some real adventures to talk about.

We gotta do the Chicken Drop and the Sunday BBQs. We will be there thru Monday the 12th. Maybe we could take a Catamaran to Caye Caulker or some other tour as a group - they usually give discounts for groups of 10 or 12. We don't plan on going back to the mainland for a tour - but plans can be changed. I'd even like to try a little fishing but don't want to put out the money for a charter boat alone.

We look forward to meeting you guys and anyone else from the board. And even if we don't hook up, I'll bet everyone has a great time.

We'll start a thread on May arrivals in a couple of weeks.

The Shark

#61062 03/18/03 01:03 PM
O
O
All I know is 48 more to go!!!! yeah!!!!

Sun,fun and whatever else!!!! wink

Jackie

#61063 03/18/03 02:07 PM
E
E
Okay, now I have my act together, yea right! Looks like I am on the same flight 2193 out of Dallas. Then flying on Tropic Air to SP.

I will be diving too, maybe I can buddy up with some of you. So far the only thing I have booked is a room for the first two nights. Everything else is up in the air.

Will keep an eye on the board, gotta see what kind of rag tag group is coming together here smile

Gene

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.