Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61081 01/09/03 12:30 AM
C
OP Offline
C
We are considering visiting Ambergris Caye in March, but only it will fall within our budget. Four resorts I am condering:
- Sundiver Beach Resort
- Blue Tang
- Mata Rocks
- Capricorn (yes, restaurant but has 3 cabanas)

Though I'd love to stay at a place like Portofino or Victoria House, these are a little bit out of our price range. (looking to keep under $160/night)

Sundiver Beach resort seems to be offering a really great deal. Can anyone tell me anything about Sundiver or the others listed above?

I would imagine that we would spend a great deal of time at the resort and possible do 2-3 day trips/tours, so our choice of lodging is very important.

Thanks much!

-Christina
#61082 01/09/03 03:35 AM
Sundiver has a great ambiance and a fabulous restaurant. You are a bit of a hostage up there in the evenings but they have a boat going back and forth to town a few times a day.

We spent a few days just hanging around up there because we know some of the people. It was beautiful and peaceful. The restaurant had some of the best food I've tasted anywhere. The rooms are kind of on the small side but you shouldn't be spending too much time in there anyway.

Their dive master is a great guy and a good DM.

The Blue Tang is on the north side of town and pretty much an ideal location, I think. However, the beachfront is not all that. The top floor rooms are awesome, with their wooden vaulted ceilings and jacuzzi tubs. An ideal room in this hotel is the 3rd floor front south side unit. The pool is pretty small and really more for sitting about in the water. Still it's nice to have.

I love that they are kitchenette units and they are right around the corner from two grocery stores.

I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with the other two properties but I believe that they too are on the other side of the cut, making it more difficult to get into town to enjoy yourself in the evenings.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#61083 01/09/03 11:13 AM
S
S
Sundiver combines the "family" atmosphere with excellent offerings of beach, personal dive shop, great restaurant and boat service to town. Owners live on the property and are involved in day to day operations. Any of your 4 will be fine; just whatever seems to fit your preferences.

#61084 01/09/03 09:16 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks!

Seashell, do you know what the beach is like at Sundiver? Were mostly planning on spending a lot of lazy days on that beach. We're not divers, but do plan on a few snorkling excursions, and hoping for a fly fishing trip too!

Nights: sounds like there are several restarants at other resorts nearby, and Sundiver makes it sound like they have their water taxi available for dinner arrangements. Do you think this is misleading?

Any which way, sounds like AC is a great place! I can't wait!!

-Christina
#61085 01/09/03 11:56 PM
O
O
Christina,
Did you check into Banana Beach? They have a nice beach,lovely rooms and large suites and two pools, if you plan to spend of time at the hotel,I find it to be perfect. They just opened a new restaurant,El Divino, and the have a travel shoppe at the hotel for booking snorkeling tours.
Jackie

#61086 01/10/03 04:34 AM
The beach at Sundiver is quite nice and yes, there are other restaurants in the vicinity and no, I don't believe they are misleading you about the water taxi or them providing rides into town.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#61087 01/13/03 12:24 AM
I got married at SunDiver in 2001. I really enjoyed staying there. The beach is excellent, especially compared to the beach in town. It's a great place to hang out and relax. The pool is great. We had no problem getting to town. They were very flexible, and we only had to pay for a water taxi twice (late at night).

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.