Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Even though Jono said he had researched these places (before) he went, I have a hard time understanding why he seemed suprised at the lack of quality the beaches offered. Even with limited amount of research on AC, I knew that the beaches were not the strong point.

The tours that Jono took appear to be just bad luck or timing. From what I've read, bad tour operators won't last long down there. So hopefully, these folks are either gone, or have cleaned up their act. Again, picking from the plethora of tour recomendations through research may of helped in this case. I know all of our tours are going to be booked with proven winners taken from this message board.

Obviously, nobody can change bad weather, and it simply sucks when the weather turns sour on a vacation week (been there, done that). I don't care where you go, when the weather doesn't cooperate, it can certainly put a damper on things.

Jono, this is by no means a blast at you. But it's obvious that Belize was not your style, and it was an honest mistake in your choice of vacation destinations. I'm convinced better research would of prevented your misfortune. I sincerely hope your next vacation is more enjoyable.

Actually, I don't even like beaches very much! And though I've written a lot about Belize and about beaches, that doesn't pay the bills. My day job is as a marketing and communications consultant.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
You know some people just don't get it !!!!!!
If you don't like a place then don't go to it again but don't try to convince us (the people that love it ) that it's not great....This board has a world of information on it, so use it to see if you might want to go to AC....It us correct to say that AC is not for everybody...I'm just soooo thankful that I,m one (of many)that LOVE it......John smile wink

John
Next time Im going to Cayo and the mountains...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This quote from Jono is interesting. He may enjoy the mainland.
I think that shows he would give himself a second chance to find out. Yes, it's more remote but it may bring him up to the realilty of the country, if he doesn't have a rainy week.

Fortunate for us, we've never had a rainy week so it's hard to tell what we would have thought too.

We first went to Belize and as someone posted, it was Maya Beach, on the Placencia peninsula where we stayed. HOOKED !
Then the return trips began.

I research most every day and learn more and more. Since we have become land owners now, we must have done something right and that little miracle happened, on Maya Beach. That isn't where our land is though.

Have a good adventure on another try to Belize, Jono.
smile

While the weather can be challenging especially for home/business owners during a storm. My last night in Belize we were packing up to drive by caravan back to the states, we got a HUGE TROPICAL STORM!!! Thunder,lightning, and winds whipping the thatch of our roof and toppling a few coconut trees near the lagoon's edge. I loved the storm!!! IT was in such CONTRAST to the hot sultry weather we had experienced for 6 months... I welcomed it!! HOORAAYY!!! I said. I went out in the storm and got drenched then me and acouple of others went snorkleing and swimming in t storm. It was exciting and something I will never forget! VIVA BELICE!!!!!

We've been going for about 10 years all over the calendar and each time have experienced true gratitude for the days when the sun was bright, the temp was comfortable, the greens were green, the breeze kept the bugs at bay, and the water was mirror-like. Because we could stay long enough to pass through other-than-ideal conditions, as opposed to people who have a schedule to keep, we know whatever the conditions at the time there would be a balancing of the elements eventually.

There is nothing more peaceful on a cool, slightly cloudy day than watching, from a hammock on a pier, a storm move down the horizon just offshore. Outstanding!!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.