Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NancyT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello. Saw something in the San Pedro Sun a while ago that said a bridge MIGHT be replacing the ferry by the beginning of 2003. Anyone know what's going on?

O
O
There was no bridge there as of January 2nd.
Jackie

E
E
Nancy, I don't know how old you are, but unless you are under 15, you will probably not live long enough to see a bridge there. smile

NancyT Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Jackie. LMAO Im.. I am over 15, and will never have a problem if I never live to see a bridge. Was to AC for the first time last year and loved it just the way it was. Going back this year at the end of March/ beginning of April. Can't wait!!

I don't like the idea of the bridge, then again, everything takes a little longer in Belize and some projects are never finished; we'll see.

Live and let live
You haven't had the Belize experience until you have manuevered a golf cart onto that hand ferry after a LONG afternoon spent at the Palapa!!!
eek eek eek
Debbie

AND.....once you manage to get it on, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE! Or so I've been told, certainly NOT from personal experience.

NancyT Offline OP
OP Offline
Strictly bikes for me this year.. we had a golf cart last year and got stuck in the mud.. not fun. Lession learned - if one side of the road has puddles and the other just looks muddy, stick to the puddle side and floor it the whole way. Or go directly to Palapa Bar, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

And for real fun across the ferry on a golf cart... try driving one that has a near dead battery! I borrowed a friend's cart that had apparently not been plugged in properly - took my traveling compadres on a little tour of the North side, and by the time we got back to the ferry, there wasn't enough juice to go up the little itty bitty ramp. The ferry workers had to push us up! It was so funny!!!!! We barely made it back to the house, and were laughing & waving as folks on bicycles - and even folks walking - were passing us! What a memory!

Let's hope they NEVER build that bridge! We've travelled to a lot of other places, and that hand ferry is pretty unique and one of our most cherished memories of AC- we are going back for our 4th trip in Feb. The whole place is an experience!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.