Wait until you get there, and then look around. You will need to know in advance several things.
1. How quiet/noisy do you want your place.
2. How close/far away do you want to be.
3. How important is a view/beachfront
4. How much space do you need.
5. Do you need air-conditioning/fans
Ground floor places are convenient, but 2nd or 3rd floor will have more air circulation. Although prices are nothing like here in California you still get what you pay for. Since you will be taking it for 6 months you should get a break but I would guess between $400 & $500 per month minimum. The longer you commit for the better deal you can make.
When do you plan to go down?
I'll be there the 30th of this month - can hardly wait.