Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jsmoore Offline OP
OP Offline
I am planning a trip to A.C. in June for 2 couples. I found Playa Blanca ISLAND VILLA (i.e. NOT the Beach Resort/Dive Club) in the "Lodging" section and wondered if anyone has stayed there or can tell me pros and cons of its location (I know it is north of the cut). Any info would be great! Thanks.

M
M
Playa Blanca Island Villa is fantastic. My family has been there twice in the past two years.
The views are awesome. It is extemely private yet walking distance to some great restaurants like Mata Chica, Portofino, and the new one at Sundiver.

The best part about Playa Blanca is that it comes with kayaks and two boats for snorkeling and fishing...and they are just for your group to use. You don't have to wait for anyone else to show up.. You go fishing and snorkeling as often as you want and there is no extra charge. Alberto is the boat captain and he is like your personal butler...at your service! He's great! Last time we were there Alberto taught us to free dive for lobster...we never went hungry..we had lobster every night.

Marlena cleans the house and does your laundry every day..no need to pack a lot of clothes with her around. She also makes the best tasting tortillas! The kitchen is large and has everything you need....We never knew cooking could be so much fun when someone else is there to clean up the mess.

The villa is first class! It is absolutely beautiful with wonderful furnishings & atmosphere. The tropical shadehouse is a real added attraction we were amazed to see the growth of the plants in one years time. There are many relaxing areas surrounding the villa..hammock palapas, outside dining/BBQ area and a deck at the end of the dock was amazng for stargazing.

Life is good at the Playa Blanca Island Villa
we plan to return this summer ourselves.

G
G
We stayed at Playa Blanca Island Villa just a few weeks ago and it was truly the best vacation we have ever taken. We went with another couple and had a blast.

The villa was beyond our expectations. Alberto was the best ever. He took us fishing and snorkeling and over to Caye Caulker for a great lunch.

The concept of the villa is great with it's all inclusive boat package.

Hope you have a great vacation.

jsmoore Offline OP
OP Offline
To Murphy and GWilson. Thanks for your reply! The PB website looks great...but then again, don't they all!! I appreciate some positive feedback from someone who says they've been there. Thanks again. Anyone else?

It's a great place.

Hi everyone,

I realize that I'm resurrecting an old thread, but have just booked this home for 9 days in Jan 2005 for 2 couples... our guys love to fish and lobster, and the gals love to snorkel... having the boat anytime should really pay off.

Curious if anyone has any recent trip info about Playa Blanca Island Villa... would love to hear good or bad.

Thanks much!

jsmoore Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

jsmoore Offline OP
OP Offline
Oops! Hit the return key too many times!

Hi,
I started this thread last year looking for info for our trip. My wife and I along with her sister and sister's husband stayed there in June of 2003. Get ready for the best week of your life! Seriously, we have stayed in tropical locations around the world in a variety of accomodations, and the week at Playa Blanca Island Villa was one of (if not THE) best weeks we have ever had on vacation. (And no, I don't own the place!)
You have pretty much complete freedom to do whatever you want while you are there. If you want to fish, Alberto will take you fishing. Want to snorkel, he knows the best spots. (Mexico Rocks is just a few minutes away from the house.) He took us to Shark/Ray Alley and Hol Chan in the early morning before the tours got there and we had the whole place to ourselves! While you are gone, Mar will do all your laundry and make fresh homemade tortillas to use with your fish tacos that you can make yourself with the fish you catch.
The only negative I can think of is that Alberto is not licensed to drive the boat after dark, so if you want to go to town for dinner, you will need to take a water taxi back home.
If you want more details, give me a buzz at [email protected]

Jeffrey,

Thanks much for the recommendation... I am getting some great feedback about this place. Also have learned that Alberto & Mar are no longer there, but the guide service and housekeeping are still being provided w/ the home.

Thanks again,
Lisa

G
G
what is the website to see the property??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.