Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61707 01/20/03 06:50 PM
C
OP Offline
C
My husband and I are planning a trip in mid February to AC. We know that we don't want to be in the downtown San Pedro area, only want to come in for lunch or dinner a few times and we snorkel, don't dive. We want to kayak around some and just plain relax in the sun. Would like both a pool and a beach. Any suggestions, any comments on Journey's End?

#61708 01/20/03 07:09 PM
Checkout MataRocks..We really enjoy it....Beach bar is really good, Continental breakfast....Small but very hands-on resort....
good restaurants close by........John smile

John
#61709 01/20/03 09:58 PM
S
S
Xanadu: small, quiet, great service, beautiful pool, kayaks (free?), south of town about 15 minutes walk - happy trip!

#61710 01/21/03 01:47 AM
M
M
If you don't want to be in "downtown San Pedro" there are lots of options withing walking distance, but Journey's End is not one of them. (that's on the north end across the cut). Ramon's is still somewhat in town, but far enough out of "downtown" to make it quiet. Further south you have Xanadu (amazing place), Banyan Bay, Banana Beach, Royal Palms, (Mata Rocks as previously mentioned), and Victoria House. (that's just a few of the many) Anything past Xanadu gets to be a long walk though if you do it 3-4 times a day and you've been drinking Belikins. hehe. Depends on what you are looking for. Most of them have a website if you want to check it out. Just go to the homepage and pull up the hotels and take a look. Have fun!! You can also go north of town, but you'll have to forgive me, I can't think of the names of the hotels at the moment, but I sure could walk you to them! wink

#61711 01/21/03 02:07 AM
Journey's End is north, not really in walking distance fron San Pedro, but you don't want to be there all the time, and it's nice to be away from that all. Youre only 10 minutes away from SP by Island Ferry, and they run every hour now, till 10pm, in the weekends, there is also a midnight run.

Journey's End wouldn't be my first choise in that area; rather Mata Chica or Portofino but they are high end. Below that you would have Captain Morgan's and Sun Diver.

Live and let live
#61712 01/21/03 03:07 AM
I thought Sundiver was a pretty nice place. The rooms that I looked at were a bit small, but you won't be spending much time in there anyway (and I know they have different types of rooms available). We spent 3 days up there (not staying over) diving, hanging out. The pool is very nice, the bar is on the beach, the restaurant is awesome (maybe the best food I've had on the island).

We also went down to Caribe Island (on the far southside) one day. Wow!! That was a cool place, though the overall setting wasn't as beautiful as up at Sundiver, it had an amazing beach, a very nice restaurant (though we didn't actually eat there, we were too late for lunch and too early for dinner). It was very quiet down there but perhaps that had as much to do with low occupancy as anything else. The other thing about it, is while you are probably too far to walk to town, you can catch a cab or take the golf cart and then you are not hostage to the watertaxi schedule.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#61713 01/21/03 11:03 AM
i stayed at JE in 200. the graounds & staff are nice, i thought the water taxi thing was a drag. and the romms were just ok.

in 2002 we stayed at caribe island resort. it is way south, so very private. a bike or golf cart will get you into town, and there is a pool/snck bar on premisis. the rooms are large & very clean. all have A/C, kitchenettes & cable tv.

i have pics of it if you would like.

http://www.pbase.com/image/3453282

#61714 01/25/03 03:26 PM
F
F
Jane. Seem like a real advocate of caribe island. That is good to hear in that we are going down for 2 weeks in mid march and staying at CI. Going with our 2 yr old.

Any tips or recommendations as to activities? Concerns with hiring child care for getaways? Food, water.....etc? Any pre-trip advice would be appreciated regarding stay at CI.

Thanx from Wisconsin

#61715 01/25/03 05:08 PM
D
D
We'll be at Xanadu on Tuesday 1/28. Glad to hear the positive comments.

#61716 01/25/03 11:50 PM
drcasual
We are arriving on the 28th also. Will be staying at the Banana Beach for 8 nights and are flying out of Denver. Mabe we will run into you somewhere

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.