Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61753 01/21/03 05:34 PM
R
Ramia Offline OP
OP Offline
R
We will be in AC on Valentines Day and would like some advise on a nice place to go to dinner for good sea food. Also, for all other days~what are the good local spots, really want some lobster! THanks smile

Ramia
#61754 01/21/03 06:38 PM
If you really want lobster, then you'd better eat it the night you arrive because the next day, it goes out of season. You can't have it no way, no how.

I always recommend that people go to Jambel Jerk for lobster (right by the town square and the food vendor kiosks). You can have it prepared anyway you like. I always have it grilled and NOT "jerked". It's the best I've had anywhere.

Now having told you all that, I must warn you . . .Jambel's is not like every other restaurant you have ever been to. If it is busy, it is very hard to get a seat, especially between 7 and 9. If you can be patient, you will eventually be seated and it will be well worth the wait. So belly up to the bar and have a drink. You'll be able to tell if it is a crazy night or not, by how Fitz (the owner) and Hector (the bartender/waiter) are behaving. If they look very confused and like chickens with their heads cut off, they are really busy, so patience is in your own best interest. That is once you make it known that you intend to eat there by hook or by crook. Do that early, they will ensure that you get the next available table.

If they just look like they are busy and aren't paying any attention to you, then, they probably aren't all that busy. smile Make sure you let them know that you intend to eat there by hook or by crook and they'll get you the next available table.

I always like to eat upstairs unless it is chilly or very windy.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#61755 01/21/03 07:02 PM
B
B
In my opinion, the two best local spots to eat - Pappys and Los Cocos. You also have to go to Lilly's for the infamous Lobster omelettes for breakfast. They are out of this world.

#61756 01/21/03 08:06 PM
I eat at Papi's all the time, but I go to Jambel's for my lobster. smile And Jambel's is a great place to go your first night in, whereas Papi's is up in Boca del Rio, with no view of the "downtown" activities, water or beach.

So yes, I agree, do go to Papi's, just not your first night. After all, you want lobster while you are there. You MUST have it the first night.

Los Coco's is a good place for a real good deal and the food is good and plentiful. It's a little sandfloor room with screened windows all about and the kitchen is through a bit of a walkway out back. If you want a cocktail or something alcoholic, stop in at the grocery store, just at the corner, and buy what you like. They'll let you drink it with your dinner.

#61757 01/21/03 09:48 PM
R
Ramia Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the great info! We actually arrive on Feb 9th and our last night on AC is Feb 14th. My guide book said that the 14th is the last day for lobster season. Is this correct? Seeing as though we may have a few more days in lobster season, any other suggestions for great lobster and seafood? ~~Thanks Seashell for the very detaield information smile ~~

Ramia
#61758 01/21/03 10:03 PM
Lilly's was the best lobster dinner I think I have ever had. Boiled, we asked the waitress there. We were in heaven with every bite. The view of the turqoise water and lobster in my mouth, oh my god, it DOES NOT get any better than that. Best breakfast at Lilly's too.

#61759 01/22/03 03:02 AM
You are most welcome, it's my pleasure! I misunderstood you though, obviously. I thought you were arriving on Feb. 14. So yes, you are lucky cuz Feb. 15 is it. My recommendation to you is to eat lobster every day (after all it is only $17.50 US). I was eating it at least twice a week on my last 3 week holiday. But one day I had it for breakfast too (after a big night out). That actually put me off it for a few days. LOL

#61760 01/22/03 05:03 AM
I dream of the wonderful food almost every day since our first trip to AC last May. We really loved Caliente...my fiance's favorite was the coconut curry chicken and mine was the special of the day--usually a grilled seafood concoction. The Reef was good--not much to look at, but inexpensive, delicious food and lots of it. La Popular Bakery (we went to the one on the north side of town)has cheap breads, cakes and other baked goods...even pizza. We stopped in every couple of days to buy snacks to take back to the hotel and to get some lunch to eat on the beach nearby. If you're staying down south in the Banana Beach area, there's a tiny Chinese take-out place called Emerald 3 that has fresh, delicious food. They even make the eggrolls in front of you...yum! Those are just our favorites...we never had a bad meal. Enjoy yourself...we can't wait to go back!

#61761 01/22/03 02:51 PM
D
D
what would you say about Thia food?

There will be a Thai restaurant opening soon not far from Banana Beach

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#61762 01/22/03 05:46 PM
sounds yummy to me

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.