Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Hi,
We're heading to AC on Tuesday 1/28 thru 2/2. We went a few years ago and loved it. Any tips on changing money to BZ or do you just keep it in US?
We're staying at Xanadu.
DR

I start out with US $ and end up with Belize in change when I purchase something. If I go to Milo's to change my US travellers cheques, I can get either back but I generally get Belize $.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Seashell, my first ever post and I got a quick reply! Any thoughts on where to grab an early cup of coffee as I am an early riser? What would be interesting in your opinion for an afternoon wander on AC? We'll probably do an Altun Ha trip and also Caye Caulker.
DR

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with that end of the island. Won't you have your own coffee maker in Xanadu? Perhaps you don't want to disturb the others? Anyway, someone will be along shortly to answer your coffee question.

I'm a diver, so I haven't done any Altunha tours. I've been to Caye Caulker and loved it. So a snorkel trip over would probably be quite enjoyable. I was inland for a few days and did the Actun Tunichal Muknal (the Cave of the Crystal Sepulchre) That was awesome.

I've done the zoo and the cave tubing but I'm not as thrilled about that as many others here are. Mostly because of the price tag. If it was like $80, maybe but at $140, I found it to be too expensive for what *I* got out of it. I'd rather go on 4-6 dives for that kind of money, or go out to the Atolls for a dive day. That's just me.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

change money with the money changers you get 4% more than at the bank

L
L
we stayed at Ramon's and just exchanged a traveler's check each morning. Worked out best as some of the smaller merchants (not physically speaking, of course laugh ) had trouble with change for larger denominations. Pretty much everyone took American or Belize. Be sure to ask what the prices are listed in, Am or Bz.

enjoy

Brad

S
S
2 money changers on front street with store fronts - best to get the extra % in your pocket, check Milo's across from the cemetary first. Tanisha and Seaduced work Altun Ha trips and both are great. You'll love Xanadu. Happy trip.

D
D
This and so many of the questions I see here on the message board are answered in the SAN PEDRO JOURNAL which you can read here on this site. I believe Reef Ransom talked about changing money in one of the recent issues. More or less he said to change it but not to wind up with to much Belize money towards the end of your trip because it is not as easy to change back to US dollars. I change my money at Forex which is an official casa de cambio and right on the front street next to Southwind real estate and the Post Office. When you get to SP just ask the local people any question you have, they are the true natural beauty in Belize and will gladly help you and you will probably make a friend in the process. Enjoy!

There is a little roadside restaurant right behind Zdnadu ..Can't remember the name but you can't miss it .. It is green & screened in .. Great coffee & opens at 6am..Enjoy.. smile wink

John
dat be one of our faves, Antijitos Santelmo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.