Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62124 01/27/03 10:31 PM
J
j and j Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thinking of booking a stay at The Palms in mid April. This is our first visit to Belize. Traveling with 2 children, 12 and 10 years. Fishing is a major objective for my husband. Can charters/excursions be easily arranged? Is the Palms a good choice? What about restaurants? Are they within walking distance? Expensive?

Thanks for any info.!!

#62125 01/27/03 10:37 PM
j and j said: Thinking of booking a stay at The Palms in mid April. This is our first visit to Belize. Traveling with 2 children, 12 and 10 years. Fishing is a major objective for my husband. Can charters/excursions be easily arranged? Is the Palms a good choice? What about restaurants? Are they within walking distance? Expensive?

The answers to your questions are: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes and no. smile

OK, charters/excursions can easily be arranged. The Palms is a very good choice, it has an excellent location for accessing many restaurants, all within walking distance. As for the last question, I was assuming you were talking about whether or not the restaurants are expensive. Well, some are and some aren't.

If you want some more info quickly, you can go to the search function above and type in the Palms and you should get an abundance of posts about the place.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#62126 01/27/03 10:38 PM
K
K
I have stayed at the Palms and loved it. It is very centrally located with many restaurants within a few blocks. (I can think of four within one block)

You should have no touble booking a fishing guide. I understand there are many who are excllent. You can probably book one on this message board before you get there.

Have a great time.

#62127 01/28/03 12:04 AM
Hi,
We are making our first trip to Ambergris the first week of April and are staying at The Palms. Bringing our kids 14 and 10 along. Have heard very positive stuff about the facility and its location.

Can't hardly wait to get there. Our big interest is the diving vs the fishing. We are there til Sat the 5th. Say hi if you get there that early.

"You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself."

Sam Levenson
#62128 01/28/03 10:25 AM
V
V
The Palms is very nice I here! For a great fishing guide try Luis Caliz @ 011 501 226 2785, he has a new boat and is a very good and fun guide. We have used him for four years and always had a great time and caught a lot of fish.

#62129 01/28/03 05:53 PM
We stayed at the Palms and loved it!! The rooms were great, the garden was beautiful, pool and room spic and span!! We will always stay there. The grocery is just a short walk down the street and there is everything you need in the condo to cook a great meal. Have the beer and soda distributor deliver a couple cases to your room and the manager will stick in it your refrig for you so it is cold when you arrive. There are so many things to do and see with the kids and there is satellite TV in the condo if it is rainy (we never watched it the entire week)!! You will have the time of your life there...

#62130 01/28/03 09:38 PM
S
S
Reef Fishing: Ramon or Severo Guerrero, phone 226-2325, 226-2324; great fishermen and fun to spend a day with; they cook a great beach picnic with your catch and will send fillets back with you for restaurant to cook for future meals

Deep Sea Fishing: Pete Graniel, 2 time winner of fall billfish tournament; smart & fun; phone 226-2584

Great local food: Los Cocos restaurant on north end of town, off middle street past Richie's
Supermarket; wonderful whole fried snapper and fish fillets; $4-5US for a full meal

Ask the staff at the Palms about good local, inexpensive food. Happy trip!

#62131 01/29/03 04:15 AM
N
N
Good Spot!

Look out for the racoon passing by when you are sitting in the pool - at least I think it is a racoon because we don't get them here in the UK!

#62132 01/29/03 06:26 PM
The Palms is very nice and close to town! The pool however is in the back of the condo so you really are confined to a small (beautiful) garden area. We just returned from Caribe Island and they have a big pool up in front, lots of lounge chairs, hammocks all around, and the rest/bar within feet. Great for people with kids cause you can even hang on the balcony while the kids are by the pool, dock, or loungin. wink
ALSO... you can fish right off the dock and the restaurant will cook it anyway you like. We (ED) wink got some good size snapper and it was deeelissshh!!!
Any guide will pick the hubby up from their dock as well.

#62133 01/29/03 06:38 PM
not a raccoon, probably a coatamundi

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.