Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62489 02/03/03 11:54 AM
C
csully Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, we just returned last night from our first but definatley not last AC trip. We had a blast! The weather was ok-not the best, had 2 really nice days when we first arrived, then it was overcast the other days, rained on the last day. It wasn't cold, I brought a bunch of sweatshirts and jeans just in case but never took them out of the bag. The water was pretty chilly which I was surprised at and the sand fleas were horrendous-my legs are covered in bites even with bug spray but it was worth it. We stayed at Ramons in #47 which was wonderful although probably won't stay there the next time. The staff was great and Ramon is fun-he rode us around a bit on his 4X4 showing us around, the beach at Ramons is just VERY busy with cruise ships and others coming over, it gets very noisy. We had lobster everynight at a different place. We tried Elvi's, Lilly's(twice), Blue Water Grill, Victoria House, and the new restaurant at Bananan Beach which is AMAZING you have to try it. Checked out Barefoot Skinny and Category 7 at FIDO's which was alot of fun. Went snorkling at Shark Ray alley with George on Rum Punch which was great! Explored a little here and there, drove a golf cart up and down the island checking out the next place we will stay. Otherwise just drank tons of Belikins and Panty Rippers, met TONS of great people and RELAXED. I have to say, the people both natives and tourists were the best I have ever met anywhere-and we have been alot of places. It was the best vacation we ever had and want to thank you all for your advise and suggestions, you really made it alot easier!! I have tons of pictures I will scan in once I get developed. I was so sad to leave I almost cried saying goodbye to Ramon and the rest of the staff. I can't wait to go again!

well, sounds like you did all the things you're supposed to do your first trip. arent the people great? everyone is so friendly.

there are better times of year to go, bug & weather-wise. i understand bug spray is moot to sandflies...i've heard slathering on baby oil is the trick. (i never went in their season)

hee hee hee, 'nother one hooked!

Tons of Belikins. You're going to make me cry. frown
If it's your kind of place, you're my kind of people smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
yup jane..another...woohoo!!!

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Avon's skin so soft bug repellent will keep the sandflies off. Glad you had a good time!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.