Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Okay, I know it's a ways off... but you're
all invited. September 7. 2003
San Pedro...

I love San Pedro/ San Pablo, Ambergris, Punta Gorda,Maya mountains,Corazal, Progresso...
yat Offline
Hi Di,
I'll be there. September is my kind of time in San Pedro...very slow and laid back. Been going down for the past few years in September. Nice bargains to be found in hotel rates. See ya at Fidos or BC's!

M
M
Hi Di, I see you are from the Springs, I live in Cripple Creek and work in the Springs, I would love to go to Belize in September but it's my busy season. (school teacher) We'll be there in June!

OP Offline
Hey mountain Larry. My sister-in-law teaches at Mesa Ridge in Widefield and is having the same dilema with school just starting back up. It will be her big 40 17 days after mine.
There are about 30 of us going and we're still deciding where to stay.

I love San Pedro/ San Pablo, Ambergris, Punta Gorda,Maya mountains,Corazal, Progresso...
B
B
How's the weaher in September? We are planning to come down in early September or early December. Normally we go do down in early November but we can not make it at that time this year. So its a toss up between Septmber and December. Decisions...Decisions..Decisions...

M
M
Hi Di, Have a great birthday in September, however I can't guarantee there will be in Belikin left, I will be there in June for two weeks and will be very thirsty. (P.S. I work in District 11)

yat Offline
Hi Bonjoe,

I've been down to San Pedro the past four Septembers. I like it because it's not very crowded at all. I usually go in the beginning of the month, right after labor day. During that time there is always a holiday to celebrate in San Pedro. I think it's the celebration of the battle of St. George Caye. I believe it's like their independence day, or a celebration about the fight the country had with the Spanish in order to win their independence from Spain. So for the week of the celebration, there are lights and pennants strung up across the streets and there is a big celebration at the central park in town over the weekend. There's also a kids parade on Saturday afternoon that's cool to watch.

The bars are also not very crowded. You can still hear Barefoot Skinny on Monday night, joke night, at Fidos as well as during the week a couple of times. He will also play with the band Category 7 on Friday nights at Fidos.

BC's will usually be crowded during the afternoon and early evening as many ex-pats show up for drinks and conversation. They are a great group of people.

Also, room rates are very good as it is during the low season. Several hotels offer a reduced rate as well as a free night when you book the week.

Also, I almost forgot...the other part I like about September is that it's really hot. I live in south Louisiana and I tell people is that I would not want to live anyplace further north and even preferrably further south. I like the heat. There's nothing like the feeling of either walking or biking down the road south of town in the middle of the day with the sweat just pouring out of your body. It lets you really appreciate the cold beer at the end of the day.

Also, last Sept. 11, the Catholic church has a very moving memorial service commerating the people lost during the Sept. 11 terrorist tragedy. The church was filled up with a mix of locals and tourists. It was a very nice service.

Anyway, if you have any questions about how San Pedro is in September, just ask away.

OP Offline
I've been to San Pedro in September a few times.
In fact the first three times. Some restaurants are closed. I had biked past Sweet Basil many times on my was to the Palapa and it was always closed. When I went in March I was able to have lunch there as they were open at that time. It was great. Weather is usually cooperative.

B
B
Purchased tickets today for September 12 - 22nd. Thanks for all the info.

OP Offline
Bonjoe,
I'll be there from the 5th-21st. See ya there!
Di

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.