Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62539 02/05/03 05:48 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Ok so there are two of us coming to AC the week of March 13-20. We are young and looking for a fun, but not to expensive place to stay. So far we are either thinking about Caribe Island or Corona Del Mar. Any suggestions for a good place to stay? We want something that is right on the beach, has private bathroom, possibly kitchen or refridgerator, porch or veranda, and maybe a pool. Also where can you rent golf carts? Can you get a chauffer?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
mary and rachel

#62540 02/05/03 05:52 PM
M
M
Chauffer for a golf cart?!!?? You are either very young or very rich!

#62541 02/05/03 07:48 PM
T
T
Take a look at Tradewinds Paradise Villas
www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com

It has everything you want and more! You can arrange through the front desk to have a cart when you get here as well as beverages for your fridge. Think fast, March is looking very busy at this point If you don't have a room yet you may not find one.

#62542 02/05/03 09:52 PM
S
S
Hey, there's always my place, right on the beach, just North of Wet Willy's. Just kidding! Tradewinds (pool), The Palms (great location plus a nice quiet pool in back) or Ramon's (pool and lots of beach) all of those are nice and close to all the action.

Cheers,

Simon

#62543 02/06/03 06:39 AM
B
B
We usually stay at the Caribe Island when we visit San Pedro and we love it. The rooms are really nice, they have a great pool, and Albert the bartender makes some killer drinks. Caribe is about 3 miles away from downtown, so a golf cart helps but it is not needed. The Caribe provides a free shuttle into town at dinner time. Manuel the driver is awesome. IF you wish to stay in town longer all you have to do is tell him what time you want to be picked up and where and he will come and get you. He is extremely reliable. There were even times when I called Manuel on his cell phone and asked him to bring me a case a Belikins from the beer distributor and I got his normal reply "No Problem". Caribe is a great place to stay at.

#62544 02/06/03 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Bonjoe,
Thanks for the endorsement!! Do I know you? When was the last time you visited? We have done a good bit of renovations in the last few months.
I'll buy you a Belikin next trip.
Cheerz,
Vicki

#62545 02/06/03 12:47 PM
KBG Offline
GIRLS,
Check out Bananna Beach, nice clean, reasonable, 2 pools, new restaurant and friendly staff. No I am not related to anyone there, just find it a good place to stay. Visited friends staying there in Jan. and found it very nice. If you are looking for a budget place and right in the middle of town consider Spindrift Hotel. Close to everything and much cheeper than Bananna's. Whereever you stay go to San Pedro soon.
KBG laugh laugh laugh

#62546 02/06/03 01:52 PM
D
D
Ramon's might be fun for you. I hope you're not expecting a vast, long beach on AC. If you haven't gotten tickets yet, Jenny @ Capricorn travel has put together a couple of great trips w/air & hotel for us. We just stayed at Xanadu but it might be a bit quiet for you. I can't tell if you've been to AC before but it's not Daytona Beach (or whatever the cool beach was when you were in school). We mostly rode bikes around or walked. I highly recommend taking bikes across the hand ferry to the north side and riding the bumpy road north. You can stop for a drink and then head back. Enjoy!!

#62547 02/06/03 01:56 PM
D
D
One more thing, you definitely want a place w/a pool or a dock. Lots of seagrass along the shore.
You might also want to consider a side trip to one of the Mayan Ruins (Lamanai or Altun Ha). Snorkeling trips are great too!

#62548 02/06/03 03:47 PM
if you've been reading this board, you know i stayed at caribe island. it was very clean and had all levels rooms from efficiencies to 3 BR lofts, all with private bath, kitchens, air, cable tv, pool with bar/grill, etc.

you will prob need a golfcart (tho they have free bikes), and here is a pic of my chauffer:

http://www.pbase.com/image/3514735

pay her airfare and she can be yours too!

here is a pic of caribe's dive shop/pier:

http://www.pbase.com/image/4255615

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.